Rosicky or Rozidski?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
worthing_gooner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
worthing_gooner wrote:The correct pronunciation in Czech is Rositzskee.

So now you know how to pronounce his name next time you swear at him at arsenal :lol:
Exactamondo ! :high5:
The correct pronunciation of Rosicky in English is forfucksakerositzkeeyoustupidfuckingc**t :lol:
Nice! :lol:

Never the same player after the injury. If Wenger seriously believes he can be the playmaker to replace Cesc then it's time to turn the light off.....

"CLICK"

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Demun210 wrote:
cameron326 wrote:Didnt he have a reputation for being a bit good when we signed him several decade ago? What the fuck happened?
Rosicky was one of the best midfielders in Europe at one point when he was at Borussia. I actually remember when we played Borussia he gave us the right run-around, and scored one as well. He used to have a sweet shot on him as well, for long shots and freekicks. I hope he finds it again.

He was also great for us in that first season (2007 - 2008) and a half before the injury, working very well with Fabregas, Hleb & Flamini in midfield. He's obviously not at that level now, but I think he will become more effective as the season goes on.

To answer the original question, it should be pronounced "Ros-it-ski", but hardly anyone does, except someone like Jonathan Pearce when he's showing off his newly learned pronounciations during his commentaries at the World Cup or something.
Yes, I remember v. well they were known as the Four Muskateers - and had an amazing understanding and interaction on the pitch....you could tell they were good mates the way they would celebrate each others goals....

Then someone fecked up and let flamoney go...and hleb and....well ...I see a pattern developing here.... :roll: :banghead: :suicide:

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

worthing_gooner wrote:The correct pronunciation in Czech is Rositzskee.

So now you know how to pronounce his name next time you swear at him at arsenal :lol:
aye. the correct pronunciation is "To-mash Ro-sits-key".

Revgoon89

Post by Revgoon89 »

Demun210 wrote: Rosicky was one of the best midfielders in Europe at one point when he was at Borussia. I actually remember when we played Borussia he gave us the right run-around, and scored one as well. He used to have a sweet shot on him as well, for long shots and freekicks. I hope he finds it again.

He was also great for us in that first season and a half before the injury, working very well with Fabregas, Hleb & Flamini in midfield. He's obviously not at that level now, but I think he will become more effective as the season goes on.

To answer the original question, it should be pronounced "Ros-it-ski", but hardly anyone does, except someone like Jonathan Pearce when he's showing off his newly learned pronounciations during his commentaries at the World Cup or something.
Ohh, for once you make some good points, shame the rest is shite :lol: He was regarded as one of the best talents in Europe before we signed him. I believe his nickname was "Little Mozart" :lol: when we signed him I think at the time we all agreed it was a good move on our part. The pronouncement of his name is also correct, but to be fair Roshitty is much more accurate.

However I seriously don't think he will ever improve, considering your ability to sense when a game or a manager will get better is pretty terrible :lol: the guy looks totally ineffective, uninterested and fails to make an impact whatsoever. He showed some potential back when we first got him and we had a good midfield, but he was underwhelming then. before his injury I believe he scored about 13 goals and got 6 assists. For a player who can play wide and centre, thats a disappointing return. Especially when you compare that to what Pires and Ljungberg achieved in between 2000 and 2002.

Put simply, someone who had a lot of talent but has only ever shown brief glimpses of it to us, has never established himself, never looks like he is playing good football, especially with our excuse for a team, he fails to make any impact or even look like he is trying. He really needs to be shipped off somewhere along with the rest of the rubbish.

Bring Back Pires

Post by Bring Back Pires »

It's great how this thread was started a full five years after he signed for us.

nexum5me

Post by nexum5me »

i was so excited when we bought him :( at the time he was only a few notches below nedved in my mind... and up until his injury i thought he was quality.
he's just never been the same since, and much as i'd love to say he will be again, time's not on his side :(

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Whenever fans talk about Rosicknote they always say he was good 4 years ago.And thats when his career ended 4 fucking years ago.How is he still an Arsenal player.He has been shit since he came back from his injury (wink wink) and will never be good again
If he is still playing after deadline day we are well and truly fucked

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

I believe it's pronounced 'fuckingcokeheadcunt'

psychoangus

Post by psychoangus »

My mate's Czech and he says it's actually pronounced with the 's' as a 'zh' sound as in Dr. Zhivago.

So, Roh-Zhits-kee.

Yes, that sounds a bit like shit, I know, much hilarity. :roll:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

How about:

Fine player once but ravaged by injuries and now pony.

Or:

Rosicknote, Ro-sicky

Further still:

Oh god, please pack me off to the knacker's yard, I'm cleary past-it and sullying my legacy with inept display after inept display.

This last one hasn't caught on in my gaff, for some reason.

REB

Post by REB »

:cry:

i still feel he can have a good season for us.

and i would rather have him in my team then

diaby
denilson
song
:twisted:

psychoangus

Post by psychoangus »

REBEL GOONER wrote::cry:

diaby
denilson
song
+1

Hate it when people put him in their category.

brazilianGOONER

Post by brazilianGOONER »

psychoangus wrote:

diaby
denilson
song
+1

same here. i still feel rosicky can be of good use in the cesc position.

he lost much of his pace and offensive threat so playing him wide in a 4-3-3 like wenger has been doing is very stupid. play him on the center and he will provide some good quality passes.

it still makes me smile when he does one of those passes with the outside of his right boot. 8)

a top player who spent the best years of his career injured, with a bunch of clowns playing around him and with a manager who clearly doesn't know what his best position is.

people calling him a *word censored* are really out of order imo. don't forget to direct your anger to the right person.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

brazilianGOONER wrote:
psychoangus wrote:

diaby
denilson
song
+1

same here. i still feel rosicky can be of good use in the cesc position.

he lost much of his pace and offensive threat so playing him wide in a 4-3-3 like wenger has been doing is very stupid. play him on the center and he will provide some good quality passes.

it still makes me smile when he does one of those passes with the outside of his right boot. 8)

a top player who spent the best years of his career injured, with a bunch of clowns playing around him and with a manager who clearly doesn't know what his best position is.

people calling him a c**t are really out of order imo. don't forget to direct your anger to the right person.
OK calling Rosicky a *word censored* is over the top but he isnt the answer to our Cesc-less midfield problems and never will be

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Tomas So-Shit-Ski

End of debate.

:wink: