Hill-Wood holds Kroenke talks

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gooner Chris

Hill-Wood holds Kroenke talks

Post by Gooner Chris »

Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood appears to be warming to American tycoon Stan Kroenke following a meeting this week

The Gunners board were initially cautious of the Colorado Rapids owner, whose Sports Enterprises UK group holds a 12.19 per cent holding in the club.

Kroenke has been linked with a possible takeover of Arsenal ever since the shock exit of former vice-chairman David Dein in April.

Hill-Wood has previously made it clear that Kroenke's interest was unwanted, saying 'we don't need his money and we don't want his sort'.

However, he now looks willing to work with Kroenke as Arsenal aim to compete with the big-spending Chelsea, Liverpool and Manchester United.

Hill-Wood and Arsenal managing director Keith Edelman held face-to-face talks with Kroenke in New York this week and they were apparently fruitful.

"It went perfectly well," said Hill-Wood.

"I hope we will be able to work with him in the future just as we would with any interested people."

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

I wish to hear Kroenke speaks of this whole takeover bid or maybe some word about Mr.Dean.
I hope we will be able to work with him in the future just as we would with any interested people
People intrested in what?

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

Statements just released have suggested Wenger himself has had a big hand in making this happen. Such is his belief in the need for outside investment in order to keep up now with the likes of even Aston Villa that Arsene has seen the need to involve Nr Kroenke.

Finally the closed season may be taking an optimistic turn for the Gunners. We can keep our best players, bring in new faces and allow our young guns to flourish!

I am sure I am not alone in this desire.