To Russia with love???

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

rigsby wrote:Completley disagree. Him being shit is not the problem, its him being fucking lazy and not trying in games. So he's out wide? So what? Theo Walcott isn't a winger, he's shit, at leats he puts some sort of effort in.

Arshavin has never been the same player since Russia failed to make the World Cup. His first season he was great (playing out wide) and I'll remember him for those moments, but there is no defending the lack of effort.
Agreed. He's earning 70 grand a fucking week and just coz he's playing wide right instead of through the middle people think it's acceptable for him to mug us off???

if I was gaffer I'd say, Andrei you're on 70 grand a fucking week, you'll play in goal if I say so you fucking *word censored* :banghead:

Supagoon

Post by Supagoon »

totally disagree, he was overrated. His first season was great, but his notable flaw was giving the ball away for fun. In subsequent seasons when the goals dried up there wasn't much left.

Play the Cesc position? Yeah heard that about Nasri too. Neither were a patch on Cesc, not one bit.

I've never really hated an Arsenal player, but the excuses people made for Andrey were sickening, this made me dislike more than his own flaws.

its a shame, because I was over the moon when we signed him, but he turned out to be a bit of a fraud.

armchair

Post by armchair »

Supagoon wrote:totally disagree, he was overrated. His first season was great, but his notable flaw was giving the ball away for fun. In subsequent seasons when the goals dried up there wasn't much left.

Play the Cesc position? Yeah heard that about Nasri too. Neither were a patch on Cesc, not one bit.

I've never really hated an Arsenal player, but the excuses people made for Andrey were sickening, this made me dislike more than his own flaws.

its a shame, because I was over the moon when we signed him, but he turned out to be a bit of a fraud.
Spot on mate.
Id rather play with 10 men than play the liability Arseshavin

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

i have a theory on arshavin and why hes been disinterested over the last 2 years (and im open to be corrected by english gooners)Didnt the tax structure change a few yrs back that anyone who earned over a certain amount of money was subject to paying a 50% tax on their earnings and at the time arshavin started moaning about it and was supposedly looking for a pay increase to offset this.If anyone could shed some light on this as i said not 100% sure on this.

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

mcdowell42 wrote:i have a theory on arshavin and why hes been disinterested over the last 2 years (and im open to be corrected by english gooners)Didnt the tax structure change a few yrs back that anyone who earned over a certain amount of money was subject to paying a 50% tax on their earnings and at the time arshavin started moaning about it and was supposedly looking for a pay increase to offset this.If anyone could shed some light on this as i said not 100% sure on this.

I don't know if that is accurate. I tell you what, nothing surprises me nowadays. Just look at the Tevez saga. It would not justify his lack of commitment on the pitch. I would even suggest that he has been less effectual than Song!!! The bloke has been a liability for too long.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

on young guns twitter anzhi have denied making a move for arshavin.He trained with arsenal this morning and has travelled to bolton with the squad.

kiwomya

Post by kiwomya »

mcdowell42 wrote:i have a theory on arshavin and why hes been disinterested over the last 2 years (and im open to be corrected by english gooners)Didnt the tax structure change a few yrs back that anyone who earned over a certain amount of money was subject to paying a 50% tax on their earnings and at the time arshavin started moaning about it and was supposedly looking for a pay increase to offset this.If anyone could shed some light on this as i said not 100% sure on this.
This story?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -week.html

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

mcdowell42 wrote:on young guns twitter anzhi have denied making a move for arshavin.He trained with arsenal this morning and has travelled to bolton with the squad.
Just heard the same on the radio

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

kiwomya wrote:
This story?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -week.html
Yeah thats the 1.Since that hes been rubbish and looking like he couldnt give a shit

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Heard two rumours on Arshavin when he joined Arsenal...first that Wenger didn't want him but was forced to buy him by the board...and even more far-fetched secondly that Arshavin could/would only join Arsenal with Abramovich's blessing. That theory was added to later in the season when Arshavin was playing his best football for Arsenal. He was cup-tied for the Champions League but failed to even get a place on the bench for the FA Cup semi against Chelsea. I heard that part of the agreement of letting him join Arsenal was that he wouldn't play against Chelsea that season....

Bring Back Pires

Post by Bring Back Pires »

Bradywasking wrote:He was cup-tied for the Champions League but failed to even get a place on the bench for the FA Cup semi against Chelsea.
If that's the case, how did he come on as a sub for RVP in the 76th minute?

Also, why would Arshavin need Abramovich's blessing?

SpanishJoe

Post by SpanishJoe »

When Gunnersaurus' defence of AA is 'I know he ain't a grafter... but on his day....'. we can safely suggest he is fucking lazy and crap but, on whichever day is 'his' day, he is only lazy. Should never wear the shirt again.

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Percy Dalton wrote:Sky Sports News has had me laughing!
Is Natalie Sawyer on with her enormous breasts? What I wouldn't do to that :sex2:
Just for you rodders......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l6JRyPiwXI

:D
Last edited by olgitgooner on Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

olgitgooner wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Percy Dalton wrote:Sky Sports News has had me laughing!
Is Natalie Sawyer on with her enormous breasts? What I wouldn't do to that :sex2:
Just for you rodders...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l6JRyPiwXI

:D
Fixed the link for ya, cheers. I love her massive mammaries :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Bring Back Pires wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:He was cup-tied for the Champions League but failed to even get a place on the bench for the FA Cup semi against Chelsea.
If that's the case, how did he come on as a sub for RVP in the 76th minute?

Also, why would Arshavin need Abramovich's blessing?
You are correct about Arshavin coming on a sub...as for Abramovich's blessing, the rumour said that Abramovich controlled the Russian football at the time and Chelsea had first call on all Russian players....As I said it was rumours.