Wigan vs. Arsenal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner4LiF3

Post by Gunner4LiF3 »

i dont think 3 points against boro at home doesnt look a certainty at the moment :? :? :shock: :(

H4x

Post by H4x »

We should have won at least one of them
Birmingham, Villa (at home) and Wigan

Let's face it, we really should have won all of them

nuttygoonerpaul

Post by nuttygoonerpaul »

:? god my sat team,s pitch is better than wigan,s ...

augie

Post by augie »

We do not have the necessary experience and know how to sneak a 1 nil victory in games like this. I wont lambast the team per se but I have said it a million times before adebayor is 1 lazy *word censored* and himself and hleb just didnt look interested out there today at all :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

It would be nice if gerry peyton could also teach almunia how to catch a fucking ball an odd time too :roll:

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

Good point Augie!

What was that punch about?

The thing people do not understand is the whole of the back four would have looked at him after that with an"what the fuck are you doing?" expression!

The game is full of such fine margins and that erratic punch lead to another corner which gave Wigan another oppurtunity!

Wnger knows though hey!

:roll:

Cesc is God

Post by Cesc is God »

Terrible.

DanielD

Post by DanielD »

Cheer up, c'mon. It's only one game on an awful pitch with so many injuries.

Manure still gotta visit the bridge, and host us and liverpool. We can bring it back to our control and even if they win both they're next games, they will be only 1 point (if we beat boro, we will) ahead of us.

I know it's depressing, but we have to rise to challenge. It'll be super tough, but we'll nick it at OT and than it's smooth way towards the title.

The title could be decided on anything, from a injury to one of their players (ronaldo, rooney, ferdinand, any one of them will un-balance their team) or a last gasp goal at the OT.

gus ceasar is a legend

Post by gus ceasar is a legend »

DanielD wrote:Cheer up, c'mon. It's only one game on an awful pitch with so many injuries.

Manure still gotta visit the bridge, and host us and liverpool. We can bring it back to our control and even if they win both they're next games, they will be only 1 point (if we beat boro, we will) ahead of us.

I know it's depressing, but we have to rise to challenge. It'll be super tough, but we'll nick it at OT and than it's smooth way towards the title.

The title could be decided on anything, from a injury to one of their players (ronaldo, rooney, ferdinand, any one of them will un-balance their team) or a last gasp goal at the OT.
Or maybe draws againt Birmihgham. Villa and Wigan could have a bigger impact!

:roll:

T.S

Post by T.S »

The league is gone, I'm afraid. Too much against us now. It's time to concentrate on Moscow, I reckon.

Magic Hat

Post by Magic Hat »

Almunia looked uncertain today but more worried about our attack, comfortable without creating much in first half, poor in second half. Hleb had a very bad day, Cesc's passing seemed to go to pot in the second half, Van Persie's passing was good but his shooting awful, Ade and Big Dane did alright but no more then that and if Nick could actually pull the ball back properly... nothing seemed to click

Credit to Wigan, 3 clean sheets in 4 is good form in bid to get clear of trouble which I'm sure they will under Bruce. I'm willing to overlook the Brummie draw, we had chances, conceded two dubious goals and it was a very strange game but the lack of creativity against Aston Villa and Wigan has been shocking.

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

DanielD wrote:Cheer up, c'mon. It's only one game on an awful pitch with so many injuries.

Actually thats what the problem is. When you start relying on your rivals to blow up games, it means you're in deep sh*t, specially when united traditionally are good finishers and Chelsea are back in it as well. Irrespective of the number of injuries and the state of the pitch, if you are serious about winning leagues then you have to win these games. Three points out of a possible nine at this stage of a season simply isnt good enough. The worst thing that could have happened was that after united losing yesterday, giving them hope and we did. We wil have to play miraculous football from here and man u have to be below par for us to have a shadow of a chance.

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Fucked off with today..Jus not good enough cant go all wound up and up for it too the San siro, then got to the JJB like we dont give a shit. I dont understand it. Their is just no logic ti our results of late.

Sutch

Post by Sutch »

The league is not over yet...

thatgooner

Post by thatgooner »

It's so quiet at the lane wrote:The league is not over yet...
bang on mate.
im not liking all this defeatist talk.

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

augie wrote:We do not have the necessary experience and know how to sneak a 1 nil victory in games like this. I wont lambast the team per se but I have said it a million times before adebayor is 1 lazy c**t and himself and hleb just didnt look interested out there today at all :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

It would be nice if gerry peyton could also teach almunia how to catch a fucking ball an odd time too :roll:
Gotta agree with you there pal, at about 85 mins when he got the ball his kit, socks and all, didn't have one bit on mud on them. Compare that with Bentds, possibly not everybody's cup o tee, when he went off caked in mud. Sometimes you gotta get dirty, and not in a Konnie Huq kinda way! :oops: :oops: