WALCOTT - which position is best etc?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

His touch today to beat the defender for the first goal was exceptional, more of that please.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Irish Gooner wrote:Hes fucking shite, and I'll not be convinced otherwise.

Yeah he scored a good goal against Chelsea. Well done. Now it might be 2013 before he [Walcott] has another good performance.
That's it - put that crystal ball away now, mate. Your predictions are scarily accurate! :-P

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Theo was very good today in both attack and defence. 8)

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

I Hate Hleb wrote:Theo was very good today in both attack and defence. 8)
Yep, Melanie might just be getting it up the wrong'un tonight... Theo deserves a treat!

"assume the position please love...."

"Good lass"

_James_

Post by _James_ »

Will be interesting as he is looking for a new contract, if we can arrange a sensible deal he is worth keeping but I guess he will be looking for a large pay rise.

RocastleRock

Post by RocastleRock »

Not sure why he keeps doing the post match interviews.. He sounds like a pleb.

Where's the captain??

hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

Another assist by Theo yesterday v fulham.

SWLGooner
Location: Islington Town Hall, applauding the fourth place trophy.

Post by SWLGooner »

Thought he looked lively yesterday

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

He's definitely stepping things up, not surprised, players at our club seem to have the season of their lives around the time when their contracts are up for renewal.

hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

Another Walcott assist for RVP's goal today at Wigan

hugh jardon

Re: Walcott's PR Team

Post by hugh jardon »

Update....

Theo got an assist at Villa, a goal at Swansea (although admittedly an underpar performance that day), 3 assists v Blackburn, 2 goals v Sp*rs and 2 assists last night v Newcastle.

11 of Theo's last 13 Premier League assists have been for RVP. Only Adebayor (10) and Valencia (9) have more PL assists than Theo Walcott (8) from open play this season.

So RVP does know what he's talking about after all.

augie

Re:

Post by augie »

flash gunner wrote:You cant please some people :roll:

We all moan about the bad press Arsenal get and when one of our players get some good press there is moaning too :roll:

Like him or not Theo is one of ours - long may the press like him

Flash I would rather the press said nothing about him than give the guy undeserving praise cos there are far too many absolute fools who base their opinions on everything they read/hear in the press. The fact is that he knocked in 3 very good crosses last night (rvp should have scored from the 1st one) and I will credit him for that cos he has earned it but lets not get carried away about his ability here. Many of you that remember eddie mcgoldrick playing for us in the 90's absolutely hate the guy but watch the season review video and see how many assists the guy had that season so my point is that assists and stats only tell you part of the story and for me theo has neither the brains nor skill to be a top level player and if he wasnt english he wouldnt be getting the media love in that he currently enjoys :roll:
Will also add that the good press he is getting might also be down to the fact that the guy keeps putting himself out there publicity wise so that helps him too

Revgoon89

Post by Revgoon89 »

hugh jardon wrote:Update....

Theo got an assist at Villa, a goal at Swansea (although admittedly an underpar performance that day), 3 assists v Blackburn, 2 goals v Sp*rs and 2 assists last night v Newcastle.

11 of Theo's last 13 Premier League assists have been for RVP. Only Adebayor (10) and Valencia (9) have more PL assists than Theo Walcott (8) from open play this season.

So RVP does know what he's talking about after all.
To be fair, I think having Sagna behind him is helping, and I do wonder if Arsene has been having words with him. The second half against Spurs he was a completely different player.

arsenalmorris

Re:

Post by arsenalmorris »

Red Member wrote:whats your definition of world class then?

if you can beat the CL and World cup winners hw much better can you get? :?
Jonathan Greening has a champs league winners medal, - NOT WORLD CLASS

Walnutt has his best game since he signed for us and only about his 4th actual good game since he signed and every1 has gone mad, he is poor but is starting to show promise occasionally,

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

I want to do Melanie while he watches!

With a satsuma gaffer taped in his mouth!

8)