Why be arsed ???

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
RossieGooner

Why be arsed ???

Post by RossieGooner »

Greetings all.

I''ve never been the most most frequent or wittiest of posters in here over the last while but tonight just took the biscuit and it has to be said - is there any place for common decency any more in football ? Money and classlessness just dictates.

I am seriously disullusioned when 2 classless suger daddy clubs win the 2 biggest prizes. People here are calling for X,Y or Z to make the investment in our club and becaome effectively another bilionaires plaything - fuck that i say.

Capello is the new Chelski manger - deal done - and i have this on very good authority. Another class act by that Russian mafia scum bag.

Di Matteo is after winning 2 cups but he's gone......Is this really the way we want our club to go too ? If it means being fourth every year with a degree of class about us then i'll take that every day because eventually we'll come out on top.

Rant over .......... (not an AKB either by the way.)

frankbutcher

Re: Why be arsed ???

Post by frankbutcher »

RossieGooner wrote:Greetings all.

I''ve never been the most most frequent or wittiest of posters in here over the last while but tonight just took the biscuit and it has to be said - is there any place for common decency any more in football ? Money and classlessness just dictates.

I am seriously disullusioned when 2 classless suger daddy clubs win the 2 biggest prizes. People here are calling for X,Y or Z to make the investment in our club and becaome effectively another bilionaires plaything - fuck that i say.

Capello is the new Chelski manger - deal done - and i have this on very good authority. Another class act by that Russian mafia scum bag.

Di Matteo is after winning 2 cups but he's gone......Is this really the way we want our club to go too ? If it means being fourth every year with a degree of class about us then i'll take that every day because eventually we'll come out on top.

JUST DO ONE. 8)

RossieGooner

Post by RossieGooner »

frankbutcher wrote:

JUST DO ONE. 8)
Do one what Frank ? Will Abramovitch pay £15 million for it ? Seems if I was in the right circles and he thought it would win a match he would....

says it all really....

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

RossieGooner wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:

JUST DO ONE. 8)
Do one what Frank ? Will Abramovitch pay £15 million for it ? Seems if I was in the right circles and he thought it would win a match he would....

says it all really....
Bit like Henry Norris buying us out of relegation and into the First Division.......... :rubchin: 8)

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

capello was on the pitch with John Terry, i guess that was where the rumour came from.

RossieGooner

Post by RossieGooner »

frankbutcher wrote:
RossieGooner wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:

JUST DO ONE. 8)

says it all really....
Bit like Henry Norris buying us out of relegation and into the First Division.......... :rubchin: 8)
So you condone what the money has done to the game in it's present format based on a transaction that took place aons ago? In the last 20 years even? Trying to equate it to a deal done decades ago prior to full professionalism is nonsense.

RossieGooner

Post by RossieGooner »

clockender1 wrote:capello was on the pitch with John Terry, i guess that was where the rumour came from.
No rumour. Was told last weekend tha Capello had the job.... am just sorry i didnt back it at 16/1 instead of the 2/1 it is now. Bloke i originally heard it from got if straight from Lumpard and lumped (pardon the pun) a grand on at 33/1. I'll be having pints on him the next night i see him....

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

RossieGooner wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:
RossieGooner wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:

JUST DO ONE. 8)

says it all really....
So you condone what the money has done to the game in it's present format based on a transaction that took place aons ago? In the last 20 years even? Trying to equate it to a deal done decades ago prior to full professionalism is nonsense.
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Football is a plaything for billionaires. Accept that FACT and join in the party.

RossieGooner

Post by RossieGooner »

frankbutcher wrote:
RossieGooner wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:
RossieGooner wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:JUST DO ONE. 8)

says it all really....
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Football is a plaything for billionaires. Accept that FACT and join in the party.
Nope. Dont you have any principles/integrity ?

Rohan

Post by Rohan »

frankbutcher wrote:
We are actually better placed then lot of other clubs in this aspect. Though it is not correct for some one to spend millions in football without any accountability, we are indirectly benefiting it a lot compared to many of other clubs in europe/pl. We charge hefty sum to watch our games because our league is best. We have the opportunity to increase other revenue streams significantly. All these billions poured into EPL improved it certain extent.

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

What is integrity? Billionaires pump money into football clubs because they enjoy it. It's like owning a race horse. Is / was the owner of Frankel, Best Mate, Red Rum a crook? They had the best horse, spent the most money on it. Everyone came to watch it and enjoyed it. Was their integrity questioned? Football has always been about money. We have traditonally splurged huge money on players. We buy Southampton's players.... We pick players from all manner of small Clubs. Chelsea and City might be running big losses, but they're not insolvent. Pompey and Rangers are a disgrace. City and Chelsea are doing nothing wrong. Taking the moral highground will get us nowhere. GET REAL. :banghead:
Last edited by frankbutcher on Sun May 20, 2012 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

frankbutcher

Post by frankbutcher »

Rohan wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:
We are actually better placed then lot of other clubs in this aspect. Though it is not correct for some one to spend millions in football without any accountability, we are indirectly benefiting it a lot compared to many of other clubs in europe/pl. We charge hefty sum to watch our games because our league is best. We have the opportunity to increase other revenue streams significantly. All these billions poured into EPL improved it certain extent.
We're not actually. Anyone that can read a set of accounts will understand that when we exclude player sales (profits) we break even. Should we fail to qualify for the Champions League in any season, we would post a thumping loss. Our wage budget would cripple us.

Rohan

Post by Rohan »

frankbutcher wrote:What is integrity? Billionaires pump money into football clubs because they enjoy it. It's like owning a race horse. Is / was the owner of Frankel, Best Mate, Red Rum a crook? They had the best horse, spent the most money on it. Everyone came to watch it and enjoyed it. Was their integrity questioned? Football has always been about money. We have traditonally splurged huge money on players. We buy Southampton's players.... We pick players from all manner of small Clubs. Chelsea and City might be running big losses, but they're not insolvent. Pompey and Rangers are a disgrace. City and Chelsea are doing nothing wrong. Taking the moral highground will get us nowhere. GET REAL. :banghead:
I do not really mind chelsea and city. Jut pointing out normal perception of chelsea and city.

LeGinge (Northern Branch)

Post by LeGinge (Northern Branch) »

frankbutcher wrote:
Rohan wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:
We're not actually. Anyone that can read a set of accounts will understand that when we exclude player sales (profits) we break even. Should we fail to qualify for the Champions League in any season, we would post a thumping loss. Our wage budget would cripple us.
Agree with this. The whole 'they bought the league' argument is nonsense. There was an article in The Times recently that put historical siginings in modern day monetary values and the likes of Overmars, Henry, Wiltord, Bergkamp were within £5m of many of the City, Chelsea and United siginings. We just no longer invest that level of money in recognised players.

Simple facts are we were spending £8m - £13M on these players ten or more years ago. We're still spending that money now it's just all that buys is untested talent (unless they are in the last year of their contract)

Rohan

Post by Rohan »

frankbutcher wrote:
Rohan wrote:
frankbutcher wrote:
We work with fairly bigger budget.Though extra money into football effected our expenditure side of thing. Pretty sure our revenues went up / going to go up significantly. Do you think, we can pull it off our stadium by being competing in inferior league. I think we both are thinking in similar direction. Not blaming/worrying about extra money pumped into EPL by sheik/roman.