The Mesut Özil Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Re: The Mesut Ozil Thread

Post by goonersid »

1989 wrote:
markyp wrote:another massive positive of this signing is it will attract more top players to us,imagine the players that might be drawn now,could be a snowball effect,maybe??
real Madrid players are gutted about losing him not just the fans :barscarf:
I imagine Suarez is itching to join us even more now, he would want to play with Özil rather than Henderson and a washed up Stevie G.

The quality and potential of our midfield is a striker's wet dream. Suarez will be thinking "I wanna have some of that".
Giroud will still make a ham sandwich of most of them :wink:

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

First replica kit bought in years, my yellow away Ozil strip is on the way :barscarf:

Ryanswannell

Post by Ryanswannell »

LDB wrote:First replica kit bought in years, my yellow away Ozil strip is on the way :barscarf:
Apparently 15,000 have been ordered/purchased already. So, they have probably made around £750,000 over the course of two days :shock: .

Batflyer

Post by Batflyer »

"Öziiiiiiil
La la la la la la la laaaaaaaaa
Öziiiiiil"

To the tune of 'Vengaboys - To Brazil' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3JBHZ8fAik

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Red Gunner

Post by Red Gunner »

Ryanswannell wrote:
LDB wrote:First replica kit bought in years, my yellow away Ozil strip is on the way :barscarf:
Apparently 15,000 have been ordered/purchased already. So, they have probably made around £750,000 over the course of two days :shock: .
So that's why Wenger and Gazidis spent the money. Mystery solved 8)

But it's a shame that Ozil's surname is so short. Imagine if we had signed Schweinsteiger or Błaszczykowski, all that extra money we would have made on the shirt lettering :shock:

:lol:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Batflyer wrote:"Öziiiiiiil
Öziiiiiil"

To the tune of 'Vengaboys - To Brazil' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3JBHZ8fAik

hate to rain on ya , but its pronounced "ooh-soul"

in bosch, Ö is short for OE which is pronounced 'ooh' (u)

ooh soul, ooh soul,

he plays for Ars -se-nal,

ooh soul, ooh soul,

he shits on Gareth Bale,

ooh soul,ooh soul......

8)

euphoricone

Post by euphoricone »

Rather sign a midfielder like ozil now and a DECENT striker when ones available in december, than risk real madrid finding out bale isnt worth half of what they paid for...leading to them finding out exactly how important ozil is to them.

What this play will do on the field i do not know yet, but i certainly know the effect it will have on the morale of the side. The morale in the camp is high enough as it is, this should make it even more interesting.
And for me wilshere is not guaranteed a starting place with the way ramsey and rosciky are playing . Cazrola ozil arteta should start majority, ramsey wilshere rosciky flamini rotated. Roscikys position can be played around with if injuries get the better of us, cazrola and ozil should stick to where theyre best at. If im not wrong, the majority of games we played without wilshere last season we won.
Tough times ahead for Ramsey and Wilshere, hopefully healthy competition.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

p206ab wrote:I'm loving the responses on this transfer :) Not a single Madrid player didn't want him out.
Latest in anger line is Cristiano Ronaldo.... well if you miss him, you can come here too :lol:
yeah. i've been reading those too. it also seems as if the Jerries are in shock too. which shows how far down the food chain we've fallen.

i wouldn't get over excited though. this was a one off. we will not sign 40m superstars every window.

this one was a little under the radar as united were tied up and Mourinho wanted Willan instead. in a normal window, Fergie would of had him.

I agree that Jack is not first choice right now, but its a long season and rotating jack and flanimal is a good thing, as is Cazorla. Rosicky and Walcott. now if wanger believed in preparation, we could actually for some tight games play ramsay, jack and flamini with Ozil along side and wally and olly as a front two.

Ozil is quite capable, given the ball by jack or flanimal, to put the ball over the top for wally or in to head or feet to Olly.

which in Europe could make us quite formidable.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

clockender1 wrote:
Batflyer wrote:"Öziiiiiiil
Öziiiiiil"

ooh soul, ooh soul,

ooh soul, ooh soul,

he shits on Gareth Bale,

ooh soul,ooh soul......

8)
Hate to rain on yours clocky but that still don't fukin rhyme :roll: :lol:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Tbh Clockender I think the surprise would have been massive had he gone to Bayern Munich, PSG or United. Far more to do with Real actually letting him go when they could have sold a number of other players to raise funds.

spendsum4uckingmoney

Re:

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

Red Gunner wrote:
Ryanswannell wrote:
So that's why Wenger and Gazidis spent the money. Mystery solved 8)

But it's a shame that Ozil's surname is so short. Imagine if we had signed Schweinsteiger or Błaszczykowski, all that extra money we would have made on the shirt lettering :shock:

:lol:
We just need to sell another 200,000 units to recover the excess 10m that we overpaid for.

Sam59

Post by Sam59 »

I read that the shop had run out of umlauts :D
the yellow away kit is really nice isn't it? About time, after last year's purple abomination that only 10 year olds liked.

kiwomya

Post by kiwomya »

:barscarf: :barscarf:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:

ooh soul, ooh soul,

ooh soul, ooh soul,

he shits on Gareth Bale,

ooh soul,ooh soul......

8)
Hate to rain on yours clocky but that still don't fukin rhyme :roll: :lol:
it does in my head.

say the ooh soul, ooh soul - quickly each time.

its not pendic biameter of what ever...

:D

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

northbank123 wrote:Tbh Clockender I think the surprise would have been massive had he gone to Bayern Munich, PSG or United. Far more to do with Real actually letting him go when they could have sold a number of other players to raise funds.
i think they see PSG and Bayern as the main threats. United not so much. they were poor in Europe last year. at home too. tbh.

i think they thought he couldn't do any harm with us. they are probably right.