CARDIFF HOME THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: CARDIFF HOME THREAD

Post by SteveO 35 »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:
1989 wrote:Image

What a player.
he looked back to himself in the 2nd half.

and everyone slating tr7 a couple years back because of those injuries :roll: the guy is pure class and gives our team drive and heart everytime he's on the pitch.
Agreed - one thing Rosicky never does is play at walking pace. Think the guy gets a lot of undue stick for the same crime as Abou....being injured.

Raggy

Post by Raggy »

clockender1 wrote:0-0 at home against a manager less mid table side. Highest ticket prices in football, with the 4th highest Paid manager.

I blame the stadium.

Which game were u referring to?

Peace

Post by 1989 »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:
1989 wrote:Image

What a player.
he looked back to himself in the 2nd half.

and everyone slating tr7 a couple years back because of those injuries :roll: the guy is pure class and gives our team drive and heart everytime he's on the pitch.
People don't realize how lucky we are that we have Wilshere and Ramsey. The two best young British center midfielders, one is 23 and the other just turned 22. Fucking brilliant.

MM99

Post by MM99 »

I read the match threads just for 1989's gifs. Love sending them to utd and spurs work mates the next day :barscarf:

Post by 1989 »

MM99 wrote:I read the match threads just for 1989's gifs. Love sending them to utd and spurs work mates the next day :barscarf:
Cheers mate. :barscarf:

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

It was nice to see the old Jack back today, should have had a penalty and his reverse pass for Walcott to FINALLY find the back of the net was class.

Good to see him getting better before we face the scummy neighbours.

The subbing of Poldi ordinarily would have p**sed most off but Poldi due to poor service and complete lack of sharpnes wasn't at his best today and the whole team were guilty of wasting chances in general but Barry pops up at the right moment.

3pts and a clean sheet when not playing well is not to be sniffed at but we need a proper striker badly.

Big thanks to the anonymous gooner that handed in my phone after I left it in the 12 pins, you my friend are a life saver and if you're on here I owe you a pint some day.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Jesus Christ we played like I felt today. Except the players presumably didn't have the excuse of having had 15 pints of stout yesterday.

Imagine Walcott copped a lot of stick as he always does but to be fair to him today he seemed really determined and for large periods was the only one who looked like making something happen. Wilshere had a good game although drifted out of it a bit in the middle period I thought.

Some piss-poor tactical decisions mind. It's plain to see that Podolski can't play the lone striker role, if he's going to stick rigidly to the same system Bendtner is a better option despite his lack of ability or Walcott would have had a field day playing through the middle today. Also a waste not to play Cazorla centrally especially with Ozil and Ramsey missing. Needless to have Flamini + Arteta playing, they weren't remotely interested in going toe-to-toe with us in midfield so better off leaving one out and having another creative player in there rather than Flamini just running round like a headless chicken. Cardiff are shit defensively and their performance today was nothing that couldn't be produced by any PL side, worrying but a massive let-off.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Also I was genuinely embarrassed by some of the fans I was sitting by today. Came late, left early and nobody seemed to give a flying fuck about the game. Two blokes behind chatted non-stop about Christmas, New Year, everything and anything other than the football. One woman was giving updates on other games to the extent that she was basically reading out BBC live text word for word and probably relying on that for updates of the game going on right under her nose. Two blokes next to me spent the whole time on betting apps on their phones jabbering on about their betting tactics and every 5 minutes what they were going to put their money on. Asian girl in her young 20s who turned up wearing an Arsenal GK shirt like a dress 20 minutes into the games and then proceeded to walk back and forth up and down the same aisle for 5 minutes seemingly oblivious to the fact she was causing disruption because she couldn't read her ticket.

Prize has to go to the young bloke next to me who uttered this gem though: "Why does Alex Song never seem to get a game for us any more?" His girlfriend informed him that she may be mistaken but she thinks we sold him in the summer.

I'm not in the process of bashing our fans for the sake of it and certainly not just on the basis of age, gender, social class etc but these are the type of people the club wants to attract :|

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

Agree with what Northbank123 said in the first post, just to add that with Monreal as left back I felt we missed Gibbs's forward runs.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

QuartzGooner wrote:Agree with what Northbank123 said in the first post, just to add that with Monreal as left back I felt we missed Gibbs's forward runs.
Monreal just seems like a bag of nerves, even if he often fluffs his lines Gibbs' movement off-the-ball has improved massively this season. Although Monreal's cross did lead to the first goal.

Did anyone else see the rain running down off the roof on the East Stand in the first half today? It was like a waterfall, looked like the poor bastards in the first few rows were getting completely soaked.

Wengerism

Post by Wengerism »

northbank123 wrote:
QuartzGooner wrote:Agree with what Northbank123 said in the first post, just to add that with Monreal as left back I felt we missed Gibbs's forward runs.
Monreal just seems like a bag of nerves, even if he often fluffs his lines Gibbs' movement off-the-ball has improved massively this season. Although Monreal's cross did lead to the first goal.

Did anyone else see the rain running down off the roof on the East Stand in the first half today? It was like a waterfall, looked like the poor bastards in the first few rows were getting completely soaked.
Felt a bit sorry for the female steward directly beneath it, couldn't move and it soaked her for a good ten minutes.

And again ditto about the fans, but if I'm completely honest even our more hardcore fans aren't doing enough to create noise to make up for the uninterested spectators. Been to a few Palace matches this season - great atmosphere, mostly generated by a set of hardcore fans, and complemented reasonably well by the rest of the ground.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

Raggy wrote:
clockender1 wrote:0-0 at home against a manager less mid table side. Highest ticket prices in football, with the 4th highest Paid manager.

I blame the stadium.

Which game were u referring to?

Peace
Today's with 10 to go.

And I was being sarky.

samflitt

Post by samflitt »

If we play Arteta and Flamini in midfield again I'll be fuming.

shit pairing.

Happy with the win

markyp

Post by markyp »

northbank123 wrote:Also I was genuinely embarrassed by some of the fans I was sitting by today. Came late, left early and nobody seemed to give a flying fuck about the game. Two blokes behind chatted non-stop about Christmas, New Year, everything and anything other than the football. One woman was giving updates on other games to the extent that she was basically reading out BBC live text word for word and probably relying on that for updates of the game going on right under her nose. Two blokes next to me spent the whole time on betting apps on their phones jabbering on about their betting tactics and every 5 minutes what they were going to put their money on. Asian girl in her young 20s who turned up wearing an Arsenal GK shirt like a dress 20 minutes into the games and then proceeded to walk back and forth up and down the same aisle for 5 minutes seemingly oblivious to the fact she was causing disruption because she couldn't read her ticket.

Prize has to go to the young bloke next to me who uttered this gem though: "Why does Alex Song never seem to get a game for us any more?" His girlfriend informed him that she may be mistaken but she thinks we sold him in the summer.

I'm not in the process of bashing our fans for the sake of it and certainly not just on the basis of age, gender, social class etc but these are the type of people the club wants to attract :|
when the cameras pan around at the emirates at our supporters it makes me cringe a bit they look mostly like a bunch of teenager or tourists who are just there cos its the thing to do to go and watch Arsenal,there doesn't seem to be many hardcore anymore,everybody always looks happy even when we are playing shit,i guess its because they've been to the club shop and have bags and bags of merchandise.these are the Arsenes stupid sheep that we hate so much,they don't seem to care about the result just as long as they've got plenty of photos of their day out.support the team you fucking plastics or just fuck offand let a proper supporter have your seat :evil:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

northbank123 wrote:Also I was genuinely embarrassed by some of the fans I was sitting by today. Came late, left early and nobody seemed to give a flying fuck about the game. Two blokes behind chatted non-stop about Christmas, New Year, everything and anything other than the football. One woman was giving updates on other games to the extent that she was basically reading out BBC live text word for word and probably relying on that for updates of the game going on right under her nose. Two blokes next to me spent the whole time on betting apps on their phones jabbering on about their betting tactics and every 5 minutes what they were going to put their money on. Asian girl in her young 20s who turned up wearing an Arsenal GK shirt like a dress 20 minutes into the games and then proceeded to walk back and forth up and down the same aisle for 5 minutes seemingly oblivious to the fact she was causing disruption because she couldn't read her ticket.

Group of young guys in front of me spent most of the game planning a weekend to Amsterdam :?