THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: WENGER - Views For and Against.

Post by northbank123 »

Would love it if a national paper did a two-page spread on the biggest shit he's come out with. Like saying he'd leave if we didn't win a trophy in the next 2 years in about 2009. Or the numerous times he's insisted "this squad has mental strength" or "this squad can cope without...." before accepting the opposite 2 years later. Or perhaps how his "best squad yet" can only manage to scrape 4th. Etc etc etc

buckle14

Post by buckle14 »

Two huge games coming up now. Be interesting to see if we somehow miraculously manage a win against City, how the fans react. Amazing how far a bit of short term happiness goes for many gooners.

augie

Post by augie »

Imagine how our board will feel sunday week if we have lost our next two games.........their holy grail (the champions league £££) will be seriously, seriously in doubt and I wonder how much confidence they will have then for a man who could lead a team from 1st to 5th in just over a month :lol: :lol:

Sam59

Post by Sam59 »

can't see any way we'll get anything against City. They are light years better than us, even without Aguero. Dzeko will terrorise Vermaelen, Silva, Navas take advantage of the acres of space our FBs leave etc etc. That's not even mentioning Toure.
Don't even think they'll be arrogant enough to think it's a given. Just please no goal for that irritating little **at Nasri.

Sam59

Post by Sam59 »

augie wrote:Imagine how our board will feel sunday week if we have lost our next two games.........their holy grail (the champions league £££) will be seriously, seriously in doubt and I wonder how much confidence they will have then for a man who could lead a team from 1st to 5th in just over a month :lol: :lol:
They'll rationalise that the car was in another accident because so many of the better drivers were injured.

Sam59

Post by Sam59 »

augie wrote:
defleppardisking wrote:
Sam59 wrote:goodbye is better. Au revoir means until we see each other again!
What about fuck off? Is that better?

:lol: :lol:

Works for me anyway :high5: :lol: :lol:
googled it. In French, it's "va te faire foutre". I think that's putting it nicely really.
edit: it's brilliant in german, our Great Leader's other fluent language.
sich verpissen.

Swifty

Post by Swifty »

I have to admit that i was pretty certain we would finish top 3 and quietly sniggered at those suggesting we'd be chasing 4th as usual. I am big enough to admit I was wrong. Liverpool's resurgence has been excellent - yeah Suarez helps - but that's what happens when you buy well. City are great, Chelsea are great. We are just horrible and Wenger must surely accept the blame now - he has been unable to get his team up for big games. The way they played today was atrocious, totally lacking in confidence and endeavour. His use of Podolski has been criminal.

Unfortunately his legacy may be that we are a club that big players will not want to come to for a few years to come.

With all respect, thankyou for your service and many happy times, but your service in it's current capacity is no longer required. Happy for you to take over the club's property management but nothing in the playing or transfers arena.

PS The FA cup will not cut it I'm afraid - it's no longer about trophys.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Sam59 wrote:
augie wrote:
defleppardisking wrote:
Sam59 wrote:goodbye is better. Au revoir means until we see each other again!
What about fuck off? Is that better?

:lol: :lol:

Works for me anyway :high5: :lol: :lol:
googled it. In French, it's "va te faire foutre". I think that's putting it nicely really.
edit: it's brilliant in german, our Great Leader's other fluent language.
sich verpissen.
Or: va te faire enclue (go get fooked up the arse).

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

How many accidents is it now monsieur bumhole? :oops: i wonder what shite he will spout next..if he had 4 accidents in 3months in his car there isnt an insurance company that would touch him :oops:

I Hate Hleb

Post by I Hate Hleb »

Swifty wrote:I have to admit that i was pretty certain we would finish top 3 and quietly sniggered at those suggesting we'd be chasing 4th as usual. I am big enough to admit I was wrong. Liverpool's resurgence has been excellent - yeah Suarez helps - but that's what happens when you buy well. City are great, Chelsea are great. We are just horrible and Wenger must surely accept the blame now - he has been unable to get his team up for big games. The way they played today was atrocious, totally lacking in confidence and endeavour. His use of Podolski has been criminal.

Unfortunately his legacy may be that we are a club that big players will not want to come to for a few years to come.

With all respect, thankyou for your service and many happy times, but your service in it's current capacity is no longer required. Happy for you to take over the club's property management but nothing in the playing or transfers arena.

PS The FA cup will not cut it I'm afraid - it's no longer about trophys.
It's taken 490 posts but - despite some spirited defending at times - like most of us you've had to concede to the inevitable eventually!! :cry: A belated welcome to the club Swifty. :barscarf: 8) :wink: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Rush

Post by Rush »

heard there is a press conference... is he fired... did they balls up....can we party? or am I still dreaming? Did they swat the frikin caterpillar?

cameron326

Post by cameron326 »

Two wins in the last seven. Though the writing was on the wall when we failed to beat the worst Man Utd side in twenty five years - again. That absolutely abominable Man Utd side that we only have a better goal difference of 8. Some progress. We'll finish the season with almost exactly the same points total as last year.

There really are no more arguments left in favour of giving Wenger yet another season.

Rush

Post by Rush »

cameron326 wrote:Two wins in the last seven. Though the writing was on the wall when we failed to beat the worst Man Utd side in twenty five years - again. That absolutely abominable Man Utd side that we only have a better goal difference of 8. Some progress. We'll finish the season with almost exactly the same points total as last year.

There really are no more arguments left in favour of giving Wenger yet another season.

after next match we will be tied when shitte gives the arsene mobile a proper overhaul :D

QuartzGooner

Post by QuartzGooner »

I like it Rodders, you have started a trend.

"Bruce Forsyth's toupe will swooped on by a Golden Eagle and never seen again"

#ifwengerleavesarsenal

Top Londoner

Post by Top Londoner »

An FA cup semi KO :shock: and 5th in the PL :shock:

He will remain a darling to most, even then.

WENGER OUT