Gooner Wembley mash-up special guests a rugby league team

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Supagoon

Re: Gooner Wembley mash-up special guests a rugby league tea

Post by Supagoon »

MrT wrote:I agree with that pikey twat but getting to a major cup final is a big deal for these bottle jobs, let them enjoy it.
Harsh but true

spike241

Post by spike241 »

Imagine what we'd be saying if they didn't celebrate and just headed straight back to the dressing room

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

MrT wrote:I agree with that pikey twat but getting to a major cup final is a big deal for these bottle jobs, let them enjoy it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :high5:

defleppardisking

Post by defleppardisking »

spike241 wrote:Imagine what we'd be saying if they didn't celebrate and just headed straight back to the dressing room
Still calling for wenger's sacking?

:lol: :lol:

spike241

Post by spike241 »

defleppardisking wrote:
spike241 wrote:Imagine what we'd be saying if they didn't celebrate and just headed straight back to the dressing room
Still calling for wenger's sacking? :lol: :lol:
Of course :D Goes without saying :)

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

obviously I disagree. they should of hung their heads and trooped off.

120 minutes and penalties to beat a side 5th in the Championship is disgraceful for the club paying the manager 5 million a year and charging the highest prices in world football.

liverpool or everton would have tonked them.

that was a shameful display. poorly organised, no tactics, no width no pace.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

clockender1 wrote:
Both have a better manager than ours.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Well well well... Well done to Fabianski, he was magnificent for the penalty shoot out. I thought it was a mistake to play him but he exceeded all expectations. We won't worry about when he came rushing out of his box as fortunately it came to nothing anyway.

We're in the FA Cup final!!! It doesn't matter how we got there or how poorly we played. History will show that Arsenal reached the cup final in May 2014.

augie

Post by augie »

1989 wrote:
clockender1 wrote:as much as i detest him Keane is spot on :
Former Manchester United captain Roy Keane on ITV: "These Arsenal players need a reality check. Last season they celebrated finishing fourth at Newcastle, now they celebrate beating a Championship side on penalties. We are talking about Arsenal FC here."
Keane can fuck off. Bitter twat.

Keane is a pikey judas c*nt that would sell out his family if the mood suited him, BUT he is 100% on the money here 8) We won and are in the final which gives us a great chance of a trophy but it took us penalties to knock out a team exactly one division below us :oops: We are a champions league team that was unable to beat a championship team :oops: On it's own we could overlook those stats but add them to our recent displays and you have to be embarrassed at what we have become :oops: Our OTT celebrations have become as much a recognisable part of our club as a cartoon crest and just cos that cork scumbag said it, doesn't make it untrue

Post by 1989 »

Wigan are the holders and knocked City out. If you thought it was gonna be a walk in the park then you don't understand footie.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we played well or wanting to give our players credit, because they were diabolical, managed by a clueless fuckwit.
Last edited by 1989 on Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

augie wrote:Keane is a pikey judas c*nt that would sell out his family if the mood suited him, BUT he is 100% on the money here 8) We won and are in the final which gives us a great chance of a trophy but it took us penalties to knock out a team exactly one division below us :oops: We are a champions league team that was unable to beat a championship team :oops: On it's own we could overlook those stats but add them to our recent displays and you have to be embarrassed at what we have become :oops: Our OTT celebrations have become as much a recognisable part of our club as a cartoon crest and just cos that cork scumbag said it, doesn't make it untrue
Not in your good books then? :lol:

Is it a Cork thing, or just that Keane is a monumental prick?

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Stop moaning you bumberclarts.

It wasn't that bad, hit the woodwork twice, two outstanding saves by their keeper. Wasn't great by any means but improved enough in the 2nd half to run out worthy winners, despite the nature of it.

We're going (back) to Wemberlee 8) .

SouthCoastArsenal

Post by SouthCoastArsenal »

[quote="clockender1"][quote="spike241"]Imagine what we'd be saying if they didn't celebrate and just headed straight back to the dressing room[/quote]

obviously I disagree. they should of hung their heads and trooped off.

120 minutes and penalties to beat a side 5th in the Championship is disgraceful for the club paying the manager 5 million a year and charging the highest prices in world football.

that was a shameful display. poorly organised, no tactics, no width no pace.[/quote]

Think Arsene is on nearer £8 million a year..... :cussing:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
clockender1 wrote:
Both have a better manager than ours.
This is quite funny really cos I bet you any amount of money that if you go back through the archives then most on here would have said that rodgers was shit and martinez was average :wink: :lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Hardest 120 minutes of football I have ever endured I think but we are in the final and I am fucking delighted with that. Poor performance with no tactical input from the bench as usual . I am confused by The postman, at times looked ok and then within minutes looked like a free transfer from France.
Look we are there, once we get to May 17th then it is all or nothing, no league distractions etc...also think the celebrations were out of relief , which at least shows that there may be some understanding from the players about what is at stake.