Eduardo Da Silva about to join Arsenal

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
green gooner

Post by green gooner »

It was mentioned a few times om Asreblog that both Arsenal and Spuds were tussling for the signing of "Edu".

Good start to this week anyway as we have at least signed someone! Lets hope news only gets better......

Graham Wilkinson

Post by Graham Wilkinson »

Just being pedantic, the club website (and several people in this thread, no doubt following the club's lead) refer to him scoring the first competitive goal at the Grove.

Actually, the Zagreb game came after the Villa league game which was a 1-1 draw. Mellberg scored the first proper goal at the Grove.

Now that's out of the way we can hgo back to enjoying a new signing!

T.S

Post by T.S »

Eboue Can't Defend wrote:Eduardo, woooo
Eduardo, woooo
He will replace Henry
But we don't know the fee!
£16.25 million

augie

Post by augie »

Zagreb are claiming that the fee is £16.25m !! Is someone taking the piss out of us ? We sell henry(who some, not me, claim is the best in the world) for £16.1m and we buy da silva for more than we got for him ?? Who is negoatiating our transfers now ? For fuckx sake get dein back now :oops:

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

Eboue Cant Defend wrote:
Last line possibility?:

Let's hope he can use his banjo, to hit the backside of a cow!

:lol:

The "...cos we've got Da Silva now" line was actually the last line of the song... theres only 3 lines in the verse on the ad for some reason! But it might actually be worth adapting the song to fit that line in. Especially given our finishing last season!

delgooner

Post by delgooner »

augie wrote:Zagreb are claiming that the fee is £16.25m !! Is someone taking the piss out of us ? We sell henry(who some, not me, claim is the best in the world) for £16.1m and we buy da silva for more than we got for him ?? Who is negoatiating our transfers now ? For fuckx sake get dein back now :oops:
C'mon augie,

Its the sign of the times, how much do they want for Darren Bent, you know its gone crazy now - thanks to the Russian down the road. I bet you could get a contract out on him for 55k and Cuntly Hole would do it while nearly crashing his car cos he wanted 60k to kill him :D

All_Arsenal_1886

Post by All_Arsenal_1886 »

I have just seen sky sports news £16.25 million WHAT last year he was valued at about £5mill, April fools has long gone so why huge price tag, football going sorry gone completlly mad with money soon non league players will cost millions.

So Eduardo De Silva will be filling Henry's boots :? good luck De Silva

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I agree.

£16.25 Million is WAY too much money for a player unproven at the top level. :shock:

IF it's true. Remember, we never divulge transer ammounts officially so most of these ammounts bandied (yes indeed sir - bandied! :shock: ) around by the media are guesstimates at best, malicious rumours at worst. :?

augie

Post by augie »

:o In fairness del_gooner if the figures the zagreb president has quoted are true then this is total bullshit. I was, as i said earlier, sceptical on some of the merits of this transfer when i heard about it earlier but with the fee over £16m i am stunned. You can point at the madness of the transfer market alright but how can the same people who valued henry at a mere £16 make the same valuation on da silva ? It makes zero sense to me. The player may turn out to be a star but nobody on the board can justify his value at £16m if the same people valued henry at £16m. Whilst bemaoning the lack of transfer activity over the last few weeks i have avoided going down the "i pay big money to watch the gunners so...." line bacause most of the time i believe such statements are crap. However i do feel with the amount of money it costs to attend the emirates these days that i am entitled to see the people running the club using some semblense of business acumen with my money and i see no evidence of it here. I am flabergasted to be honest

REB

Post by REB »

that figure prob right wit all the add ons ,, pl cl fac etc,, remember that th14 is 30 soon and de silva is young and a proven international.. do think that we got a really good player and ye know le prof doesnt like 2 waste money so really lads arsene knows

All_Arsenal_1886

Post by All_Arsenal_1886 »

Arsenal are now claiming the fee is closer to £8mill

im now really confused about this transfer :?

delgooner

Post by delgooner »

I couldnt agree more with you augie,

The only thing I can come up with is that TH is thirty and the kid is only 24 which means he's got six years less wear and tear than TH. And being an old fart I have NEVER believed that ANY PLAYER IN THE WHOLE FUCKING WORLD has ever been worth the money that clubs have payed for them. Yes there have been great players ie Pele, George Best et al, everybody has their own favourite players but nowadays you gotta pay megabucks for a mediocre player. And you have to admit Monsieur Eddie Gray, the know all fuck all of football rates anybody who can actually put two passes together has really hyped them up as world class players so that punters will actually pay 8 quid to watch Aston Villa vs Middlesborough on pay per view zzzzzzzzzz'd fuck it fell asleep in the pub watching it.

Also while Im ranting I do not think that ANY PLAYER IN THE PREMIERSHIP IS WORTH THE IMMORAL OBSCENE WAGES THEY GET PAID. That my dear friend is why its costing you a fortune to watch mostly over-rated players playing sub-standard football and getting grossly overpaid for 90 minutes work each week.

Phew, I gotta calm down and get ready to do my 45 hour week for which I will receive less than half all year of what they earn in 90 minutes!

WHAT DID THE ROMANS DO FOR US

Ben-gooner14

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

Does anyone know when he is going to have his medical, if it is as quick as Thierry's it will probally be by Wednesday. And when will he be prsented to the fans because i would like to know what squad number he gets so i can get away shirt with name and number on back.

Ben-gooner14

Post by Ben-gooner14 »

I still feel that Tevez could be coming after copa america

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Ben-gooner 14

I dont think we will get Tevez now he will cost £25m. I think our next signing will be a right winger.But who?