When would Season Ticket Offers be sent out?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Damien

When would Season Ticket Offers be sent out?

Post by Damien »

I am approaching the end of the season ticket waiting list and I suspect that either this year or next year I shall be offered a ticket. I was wondering when they are usually sent out? Has anyone been offered one this year? :barscarf:

Eboue-Why?

Re: When would Season Ticket Offers be sent out?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

The renewal deadline was yesterday so they'll have a look at who hasn't renewed and probably make phone calls to some of them to try and persuade them to think again. No doubt the price increase will force quite a few to give them up so if you're near the top then you'd better get saving your hard earned pennies cos you'll be getting an email or call in the next couple of weeks.
Just out of interest what number are you on the list?

Damien

Post by Damien »

Eboue-Why? wrote:The renewal deadline was yesterday so they'll have a look at who hasn't renewed and probably make phone calls to some of them to try and persuade them to think again. No doubt the price increase will force quite a few to give them up so if you're near the top then you'd better get saving your hard earned pennies cos you'll be getting an email or call in the next couple of weeks.
Well actually about 20,000 :oops:

But I have seen on here people are offered at around 17,000 and above plus I got a phone call a few weeks ago from Arsenal 'checking my details are correct' and they asked if I would accept one if I was offered so I also decided that this was a pre-screening for a possible impending offer. :mrgreen:

valdemordor

Post by valdemordor »

Damien wrote:I am approaching the end of the season ticket waiting list and I suspect that either this year or next year I shall be offered a ticket. I was wondering when they are usually sent out? Has anyone been offered one this year? :barscarf:

Where on the list are you?

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Damien wrote:
Eboue-Why? wrote:The renewal deadline was yesterday so they'll have a look at who hasn't renewed and probably make phone calls to some of them to try and persuade them to think again. No doubt the price increase will force quite a few to give them up so if you're near the top then you'd better get saving your hard earned pennies cos you'll be getting an email or call in the next couple of weeks.

But I have seen on here people are offered at around 17,000 and above plus I got a phone call a few weeks ago from Arsenal 'checking my details are correct' and they asked if I would accept one if I was offered so I also decided that this was a pre-screening for a possible impending offer. :mrgreen:
Yeah they do this every May. My mates who are also in the 20000s got a call. They're just covering their arses in case of a mass exodus but my guess is that you're maybe a bit too high at the moment but this club of ours moves in mysterious ways so you never know. Chances are they'll offer an expensive Upper Tier ticket to you if you do get offered one so as I said before start saving fella!!

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

If you're around 20,000 or the high teens and are after just a single ticket, then you're actually higher than you think as the list is not one single entity running from 1 upwards to X thousand. You move through different areas of the list depending on if you want a single, two together or more. Hence why you hear of people way down that get the call.

Damien

Post by Damien »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Damien wrote:

Yeah they do this every May. My mates who are also in the 20000s got a call. They're just covering their arses in case of a mass exodus but my guess is that you're maybe a bit too high at the moment but this club of ours moves in mysterious ways so you never know. Chances are they'll offer an expensive Upper Tier ticket to you if you do get offered one so as I said before start saving fella!!
I want to believe :( How much are Upper Tier tickets anyway? No where ever lists the bloody prices. Do I just need to mortgage my soul?

Damien

Post by Damien »

Robin_L wrote:If you're around 20,000 or the high teens and are after just a single ticket, then you're actually higher than you think as the list is not one single entity running from 1 upwards to X thousand. You move through different areas of the list depending on if you want a single, two together or more. Hence why you hear of people way down that get the call.

I heard this too.

valdemordor

Post by valdemordor »

Damien wrote:

I got a phone call too and was asked the same question and they said they wouldn't offer me a season ticket either this season coming (14/15) or next season. I'm 21000 on the list.

Damien

Post by Damien »

valdemordor wrote:
Damien wrote:

I got a phone call too and was asked the same question and they said they wouldn't offer me a season ticket either this season coming (14/15) or next season. I'm 21000 on the list.
:(

Magic Merse
Location: Stanford-le-hope, home of the world famous Dougie from McFly

Post by Magic Merse »

I got a phone call about 2 years ago but i turned it down, they said i could only do this once and that the next year i would either have to take it up or give it up completely.

Didn't get the call last year though and when i log in the membership page it still shows my membership waiting list number etc. Wonder if i'll get a call this year.

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

Damien wrote:
Eboue-Why? wrote:
Damien wrote:

I want to believe :( How much are Upper Tier tickets anyway? No where ever lists the bloody prices. Do I just need to mortgage my soul?
Around 1400-1500.

I defered last year and got my proper one a few weeks ago as I had been renting previously, £1452 each.

I did call them though so if you have defered chase it up as it seems very random, was 21k at the start of last season whrn I got my offer.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

valdemordor wrote:
Damien wrote:

I got the same call and am about the same position on the list. Hoping to God they don't offer me one this summer as I can't afford it :lol:

valdemordor

Post by valdemordor »

Dan_85 wrote:
valdemordor wrote:
Damien wrote:

I got the same call and am about the same position on the list. Hoping to God they don't offer me one this summer as I can't afford it :lol:

It'll be fine, they won't

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

I was approached early May a few years ago for two season tickets (I currently use my mates spare) as I wanted my own tickets again, currently being a silver member through my bond.

What struck me was the shit seats they tried to offer me, like right at the back of the upper tier behind the goal. I have sat in block 94 and block 6 with mates over the last 6/7 seasons and Arsenal wouldn't accommodate any seats in this area. I ended up telling them to fuck off, as I know I can always get tickets one way or another.

The thing that pissed me off particularly about block 94 is that the seats in front of the disabled enclosure are used by random plastics, I never once saw a membership card in 5 seasons. They always had paper tickets, and generally turned up late. So why could Arsenal not accommodate 2 season tickets in this area when for a lot of the games (especially the lesser ones) the seats where empty. I like this block because its above redaction, and you get a lot of the atmosphere coming into the upper tier.

I guess the problem with getting to the front of the season ticket waiting list is arsenal know they have you over the barrel, you take the seats they offer, or go to the back of the waiting list.