The Summer 2014 TRANSFER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Raggy

Re: SUMMER 2014 TRANSFER THREAD

Post by Raggy »

Steve O,

Is Alexis Sanchez coming? :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Peace

Steviegooner

Post by Steviegooner »

Sitting in florida and getting married tomorrow what a wonderful present........khedira khedira .......come on you gunners!!!!!!!

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

JustinTheGooner wrote:I meant to write on here earlier but I, like many of you have been busy with several bouts of masterbation. Is this real life?

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Several bouts of masterbation and only 2 posts so far?

Looks like Rodders has a serious contender. :shock:

After last years Higuain this is such brilliant news, best news for many years transfer wise. Just need to fill the other spaces, GK reserve RB and DM, oh and of course devellop tactics.

Still wish we had got Cesc back though :oops: :|

Swifty

Post by Swifty »

Steviegooner wrote:Sitting in florida and getting married tomorrow what a wonderful present........khedira khedira .......come on you gunners!!!!!!!
Off topic but hope your day is magnificent!

Swifty

Post by Swifty »

Does Steve O realize what damage this signing has done to his brand.......

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

Steveo aint coming back :barscarf: :lol:

g60gooner

Post by g60gooner »

To be fair, Steveo was right about 99.999% of the time :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Steviegooner wrote:Sitting in florida and getting married tomorrow what a wonderful present........khedira khedira .......come on you gunners!!!!!!!
:barscarf:
Hope you have a brilliant one tomorrow mate 8)

Very happy we have signed a top class player :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Best wishes for your big day...I got married in 1991 , much to my wife's amusement I got a wedding present of an Arsenal goalkeeper's shirt.

Justinsaid

Post by Justinsaid »

This is genuinely a world class player we have signed and a statement of intent. If we can back it up with a few more signings of the right quality, we really are back in business.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Delighted with this signing...Eduardo apart we haven't had a World class striker since TH14 left..Eduardo wasas clinical as anyone in the box. Podolski is one I would love to include as I believe given the chance he would have been as clinical as Eduardo.
Sanchez has a proven record , so rather than buying potential we are buying the real product. But imagine his disappointment when he realises that Nick B is no longer at the club. When Alan Hudson signed for Arsenal in 1976 he didn't know that Alan Ball was leaving the same day. On hearing the news he said " I came here to play with great players ,not replace them"...Sanchez probably feels the same about Super Nick...

To me its all about surrounding talent with talent. As said before as good as Bergkamp was, he became the player we adored when the standard of the squad improved under Wenger. This is the signing we left Highbury for, this is the intent that we have spoken so much of. We now have Ozil and Sanchez, two of the top Liga players of recent years. We need more to compete for the main two trophies. It will be nine years next Summer since we left Highbury for the chance to compete , really is time to deliver..stop fucking about with second rate players..no more Bendtnars, Eboues, Gervinhos..

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Bradywasking wrote:
Best wishes for your big day...I got married in 1991 , much to my wife's amusement I got a wedding present of an Arsenal goalkeeper's shirt.
Did you keep a clean sheet?

Boom. :oops:

Taxi... :oops: :oops: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Bradywasking wrote:Delighted with this signing...Eduardo apart we haven't had a World class striker since TH14 left..Eduardo wasas clinical as anyone in the box. Podolski is one I would love to include as I believe given the chance he would have been as clinical as Eduardo.
Sanchez has a proven record , so rather than buying potential we are buying the real product. But imagine his disappointment when he realises that Nick B is no longer at the club. When Alan Hudson signed for Arsenal in 1976 he didn't know that Alan Ball was leaving the same day. On hearing the news he said " I came here to play with great players ,not replace them"...Sanchez probably feels the same about Super Nick...

To me its all about surrounding talent with talent. As said before as good as Bergkamp was, he became the player we adored when the standard of the squad improved under Wenger. This is the signing we left Highbury for, this is the intent that we have spoken so much of. We now have Ozil and Sanchez, two of the top Liga players of recent years. We need more to compete for the main two trophies. It will be nine years next Summer since we left Highbury for the chance to compete , really is time to deliver..stop fucking about with second rate OVER-PAID players..no more Bendtnars, Eboues, Gervinhos..

Excellent post! Well said BW! :high5:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

arseofacrow wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
Did you keep a clean sheet?Boom. :oops:

Taxi... :oops: :oops: :wink:

:lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

afcforever wrote:Steveo aint coming back :barscarf: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If EVER there was a good reason to actually have a BBQ - it is This - I bet he doesn't even own a BBQ Grill! :roll:

The BBQ Isn't Coming! :barscarf: