Bonsoir Mathieu Debuchy,Le Gooner

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
afcforever

Re: Bonsoir Mathieu Debuchy,Le Gooner

Post by afcforever »

spendsum4uckingmoney wrote:This is the best our scouting team could come up with.
Last edited by afcforever on Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

spendsum4uckingmoney wrote:This is the best our scouting team could come up with.
What club do you support?

Justinsaid

Post by Justinsaid »

I don't get how this signing is getting such a negative reaction from most of you guys. But then I shouldn't expect any better. He is a solid RB, who might not be the most exciting signing in the world but will slot straight into the team and do a good job for us. He knows the league well, and sure he may not have set the world alight last season but he was part of a shocking Newcastle team that decided they didn't want to compete anymore from about February onwards.

You guys really are a difficult bunch to please, bar Coleman who a) might have cost a fortune or not been available and b) might be happy and settled where he is and not interested in moving, who else would you have wanted?

I suppose Deschamps doesn't know what he's doing either?

augie

Post by augie »

Justinsaid wrote:I don't get how this signing is getting such a negative reaction from most of you guys. But then I shouldn't expect any better. He is a solid RB, who might not be the most exciting signing in the world but will slot straight into the team and do a good job for us. He knows the league well, and sure he may not have set the world alight last season but he was part of a shocking Newcastle team that decided they didn't want to compete anymore from about February onwards.

You guys really are a difficult bunch to please, bar Coleman who a) might have cost a fortune or not been available and b) might be happy and settled where he is and not interested in moving, who else would you have wanted?

I'm okay with the signing of debouchy but that comment is ridiculous - for starters he picked that lumbering donkey (sahko) ahead of kos for all his games but even apart from that, to suggest that deschamps opinion makes debouchy good is saying that deschamp is a managerial god who never makes a wrong decision and that is folly

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

afcforever wrote:

What a fucking stupid question, are you always this dense,he has a different view from you, so in your Wenger knob sucking world he can't be an arsenal supporter.

Like the majority myself included we are supporters of Arsenal fc not Arsene fc.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Danluvsafc wrote:Have any of you people on this forum actually"worked even half a day in football". .? Well when you've been a manager for at least 30 years then maybe you're entitled to an opinion on who the great messiah signs, until then be happy with the sanagos,mendez's,silvestres's,santos's,park's and denilsons of this great scouting network!!

:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

:roll:

:suicide:

spendsum4uckingmoney

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

gp543 wrote:
spendsum4uckingmoney wrote:Shocking signing.
"Shocking signing" but your username is "spendsum4uckingmoney"

Having your cake and eating it too?
My username would be "spensum4uckingmoneyonplayersintheirpeak" but I had to settle with spendsum4uckingmoney. Sorry I didnt make that clear enough.

spendsum4uckingmoney

gp543 wrote:
spendsum4uckingmoney wrote:Shocking signing.
"Shocking signing" but your username is "spendsum4uckingmoney"

Having your cake and eating it too?
double post.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Justinsaid wrote:I don't get how this signing is getting such a negative reaction from most of you guys. But then I shouldn't expect any better. He is a solid RB, who might not be the most exciting signing in the world but will slot straight into the team and do a good job for us. He knows the league well, and sure he may not have set the world alight last season but he was part of a shocking Newcastle team that decided they didn't want to compete anymore from about February onwards.

Let's be realistic here, Coleman would have grabbed the chance to join us with both hands and Everton would have sold at a fair price if he was desperate to go. Martinez is hardly a stubborn bloke who would risk bad vibes in the team for the sake of keeping hold of a player he'll view as replaceable by one of many young talents inevitably on his radar. Realistically you're looking £15-18m which is a fair whack for a full-back but when you think Debuchy is 29 this month and the money we allegedly spent on him it's hardly unjustifiable.

Anyway, I'm not at all disappointed at us looking for a safe, solid option at RB, it's a sound choice. I'm just not sure Debuchy offers that. Guess you'll never know as the circumstances at Newcastle and Arsenal are completely different, hope he proves me wrong and proves to be a sound acquisition there.

spendsum4uckingmoney

northbank123 wrote:

Let's be realistic here, Coleman would have grabbed the chance to join us with both hands and Everton would have sold at a fair price if he was desperate to go. Martinez is hardly a stubborn bloke who would risk bad vibes in the team for the sake of keeping hold of a player he'll view as replaceable by one of many young talents inevitably on his radar. Realistically you're looking £15-18m which is a fair whack for a full-back but when you think Debuchy is 29 this month and the money we allegedly spent on him it's hardly unjustifiable.

Anyway, I'm not at all disappointed at us looking for a safe, solid option at RB, it's a sound choice. I'm just not sure Debuchy offers that. Guess you'll never know as the circumstances at Newcastle and Arsenal are completely different, hope he proves me wrong and proves to be a sound acquisition there.
Aah but does he know the words to La Marseillaise?

Justinsaid

Post by Justinsaid »

northbank123 wrote:

Yea I suppose you're right, Everton would have just rolled over and let us have Coleman for a reasonable price. Just like they did when Utd wanted Baines and Baines wanted Utd last season?!

silus

Post by silus »

Seems a decent enough signing to me.
Apart from a weird obsession with Coleman (who would have been silly money, is injury prone and just signed a new contract) I haven't heard any other suggestions.
Not exactly thrilling news but an experienced international to go straight into the team seems a reasonable option.
Needed a right back...job done..now a DM please.

trustno10

Post by trustno10 »

We can sign quality players who are also relatively young. A lot of this squad now seems to be 28-32 and will need to be replaced in 2 or 3 years. I don't see the sense in signing another player in that category

afcforever

Post by afcforever »

mcdowell42 wrote:
afcforever wrote:

What a fucking stupid question, are you always this dense,he has a different view from you, so in your Wenger knob sucking world he can't be an arsenal supporter.

Like the majority myself included we are supporters of Arsenal fc not Arsene fc.
Mcdowell4b2 :lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Was not impressed with him at the Grove last season, but he is here now give him a chance..better than the normal internal solution.. (No offence to Jenk )