The Summer 2014 TRANSFER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
topgoon

Re: SUMMER 2014 TRANSFER THREAD

Post by topgoon »

Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote:Stan Collymore gave statements in shitter last night how Khedira transfer is still 100% on...

Stan 'wife-beater' Collymore is typical of ex-victims players,just another attention seeking little b*tch. I would wager he knows about as much about Khedira's dealings as you and I.

piresistible

Post by piresistible »

topgoon wrote:I may sound like the voice of doom and will get called an embarrassment again by buttf**k but the squad is unbalanced,the middle is still soft and a very good 19yr old prospect is too young to start the season next to Kos.

We are like Real in the mid noughties buying wonderful flare players but not dealing with the real problems.

I have no optimism whatsoever about facing Shitty/Chavs/Manure. How difficult is it to seal the deal for a Defender Jong/Carvalho Christ getting so desperate for him to buy someone that stops us being bullied that I'd take Tiote. Obi Mikel must be surplus to requirements at the chavs. He has no flare but knows what to do to stop the other team. He is actually remarkably good at it.

We haven't won the league without one so why won't he buy one. Even his wet dream team Barcawhores have one in Busquets, Ffs so why won't he buy one.

I don’t believe the purchases, loans and outright sales by Arsenal are done. 2 or 3 more players still come in and 3 to 4 current players may still be sold or loaned out.

The point, for me, is that Wenger has radically upgraded his team setup strategy to match the new realities of, not only ManCity, ManU and Chelsea but also of a rich EPL that now hands £50million+ to all 20teams in the league (more money than the best funded teams spend on setting up their teams annually a 6-8 years ago).
In addition to this, the EPL may have become the league where the best coaches in the world ply their trade such that apart from the top 4, any team that looks down on Everton, Stoke, Crystal Palace, Sunderland, Tottenham or Newcastle does so at great risk to its ambitions. There are simply fewer pushovers in the EPL these days, more so 2014/15 may prove to be.

Against these, on Arsenal’s side, we are seeing the preliminary stages of a new future that Wenger had a long time to think about and plan towards: improving our medicals with new, cutting edge facilities and personnel, planning for a larger squad, letting youth players go earlier, recruiting more proven 18-20year olds in their place and loaning out more players for the final phase of their development and qualification for the first team squad. Surely too, the Arsenal match day play book must have been radically revised. I am, indeed, looking forward to the commencement of the new season

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

piresistible wrote:
topgoon wrote:I may sound like the voice of doom and will get called an embarrassment again by buttf**k but the squad is unbalanced,the middle is still soft and a very good 19yr old prospect is too young to start the season next to Kos.

We are like Real in the mid noughties buying wonderful flare players but not dealing with the real problems.

I have no optimism whatsoever about facing Shitty/Chavs/Manure. How difficult is it to seal the deal for a Defender Jong/Carvalho Christ getting so desperate for him to buy someone that stops us being bullied that I'd take Tiote. Obi Mikel must be surplus to requirements at the chavs. He has no flare but knows what to do to stop the other team. He is actually remarkably good at it.

We haven't won the league without one so why won't he buy one. Even his wet dream team Barcawhores have one in Busquets, Ffs so why won't he buy one.

I don’t believe the purchases, loans and outright sales by Arsenal are done. 2 or 3 more players still come in and 3 to 4 current players may still be sold or loaned out.

The point, for me, is that Wenger has radically upgraded his team setup strategy to match the new realities of, not only ManCity, ManU and Chelsea but also of a rich EPL that now hands £50million+ to all 20teams in the league (more money than the best funded teams spend on setting up their teams annually a 6-8 years ago).
In addition to this, the EPL may have become the league where the best coaches in the world ply their trade such that apart from the top 4, any team that looks down on Everton, Stoke, Crystal Palace, Sunderland, Tottenham or Newcastle does so at great risk to its ambitions. There are simply fewer pushovers in the EPL these days, more so 2014/15 may prove to be.

Against these, on Arsenal’s side, we are seeing the preliminary stages of a new future that Wenger had a long time to think about and plan towards: improving our medicals with new, cutting edge facilities and personnel, planning for a larger squad, letting youth players go earlier, recruiting more proven 18-20year olds in their place and loaning out more players for the final phase of their development and qualification for the first team squad. Surely too, the Arsenal match day play book must have been radically revised. I am, indeed, looking forward to the commencement of the new season

copy and paste job??!!!

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

Now this is absolutely hilarious :D :D

Marca's best XI of free players. The funny part is the striker on the center... :barscarf: :barscarf:

Who would you pick for Arsenal from these lads? I would consider Cambiasso and Valdes.

Ed Hunter The Gooner

Post by Ed Hunter The Gooner »

piresistible wrote:

So during all these years of total failure in medical know how, building more squad depth and having successful youth program he has actually been planning a master plan? That must be a hell of a plan as it has been taken almost a decade to be ready to execute.

Let's not get carried away even if we've had SLIGHTLY better transfer window this far.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote:
piresistible wrote:

Ignore him, he won't respond, he's copy and pasted that from somewhere, none of his original thoughts.

So during all these years of total failure in medical know how, building more squad depth and having successful youth program he has actually been planning a master plan? That must be a hell of a plan as it has been taken almost a decade to be ready to execute.

Let's not get carried away even if we've had SLIGHTLY better transfer window this far.

LeGinge (Northern Branch)

Post by LeGinge (Northern Branch) »

SydneyGooner wrote:
the playing mantis wrote:the chaps ok, but never 25 m. if he was really all that would the chavs be selling? would they have signed drogba again?

no

I stress again he's only turned 21.

Mourinho is a fuckwit of the highest order for selling him to make way for a 36 year old Drogba.
I think Bendnter had about 30 league goals at 21 :rubchin:

I may be wrong - how can you check?

gp543

Post by gp543 »

LeGinge (Northern Branch) wrote:
SydneyGooner wrote:
the playing mantis wrote:the chaps ok, but never 25 m. if he was really all that would the chavs be selling? would they have signed drogba again?

no

I stress again he's only turned 21.

Mourinho is a fuckwit of the highest order for selling him to make way for a 36 year old Drogba.
I think Bendnter had about 30 league goals at 21 :rubchin:

I may be wrong - how can you check?
He did indeed. I just use wikipedia and checked game logs on espnfc.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

the playing mantis wrote:
piresistible wrote:

copy and paste job??!!!
My first thoughts exactly! :lol:

spendsum4uckingmoney

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

10 reasons Arsenal should be glad they didnt sign Suarez. Many of them cite Ozil as a good reason :lol:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/1 ... an-3941643

'Despite Ozil’s form tailing off slightly towards the end of the season he’s still a great player and it’s easy to forget it’s was his first term in English football.'

Enough with the apologetics! & LOL at the 'tailing off slightly towards the end'. He sucked since October. The guy is our Veron and we would be lucky to get rid now whilst we can get a decent fee.

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

DB10GOONER wrote:
the playing mantis wrote:
piresistible wrote:

copy and paste job??!!!
My first thoughts exactly! :lol:
Come again :? :wink: 8)

topgoon

Post by topgoon »

spendsum4uckingmoney wrote:10 reasons Arsenal should be glad they didnt sign Suarez. Many of them cite Ozil as a good reason :lol:

'Despite Ozil’s form tailing off slightly towards the end of the season he’s still a great player and it’s easy to forget it’s was his first term in English football.'

Enough with the apologetics! & LOL at the 'tailing off slightly towards the end'. He sucked since October. The guy is our Veron and we would be lucky to get rid now whilst we can get a decent fee.

You are either a scum fan or desperate for some attention.I don't think you support the perennial under achievers. :wink:

Humoresque

Post by Humoresque »

Ed Hunter The Gooner wrote:Now this is absolutely hilarious :D :D

Marca's best XI of free players. The funny part is the striker on the center... :barscarf: :barscarf:

Who would you pick for Arsenal from these lads? I would consider Cambiasso and Valdes.

maybe van BUYten.... buy van buyten, buy van buyten, that's funny to type.

spendsum4uckingmoney

Post by spendsum4uckingmoney »

topgoon wrote:
spendsum4uckingmoney wrote:10 reasons Arsenal should be glad they didnt sign Suarez. Many of them cite Ozil as a good reason :lol:

You are either a scum fan or desperate for some attention.I don't think you support the perennial under achievers. :wink:
I do find this board hilarious. Yesterday this thread was in mourning over fucking Jenkinson possible departure and the week before fucking Eisfield. Make your minds up do you want to clear the deadwood for trophies or do you want to hold onto denial/sentimentality? Ozil is a flop and I will keep repeating it until you all get past the 1st stage of grief & till you reach acceptance. I knew this guy was going to suck; I called it from the hour we signed the guy, as he couldn't compete 90minutes at Real Madrid to save his life and that is a less physical league so how can he make it in the world of Stoke City? He isn't what we need and never was; Santi is a far better player as is Ramsey and perhaps arguably Wilshere & Oxo.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

We have signed Inspa gadji engoo umjumbway from Altham Rovers in the Congo - his squad number is 213 and he has been brought in especially to exploit the merchandise sales - numbers and names on the back of jersey's etc....especially as the board felt the short nomenclature's of Ozil and then Alexis - though proving exceedingly popular - in a similar vein to Mr Kiplings Cakes - they felt the signing of someone with a more 'substantial' name would help boost profits, so that when Arsene's present tenure expires they can offer him a further 3 year contract on even more money.

FACT. :mrgreen: