first experience of the Emirate Stadium

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Re: first experience of the Emirate Stadium

Post by TeeCee »

Never mind all this Arsenal bollocks, what time does the pub open mate and will you give fellow Gooners a free drink?? :wink:

maZu

Post by maZu »

tickets for the champions league game are available for gold/silver members... when do they become available for red members?

is it a few days later?

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

Theoperator wrote:Cook, I think we agree on all except that theres "no solution". My solution to getting to the ground on time is to leave earlier!

Have to say I was mightily impressed that 71,000 left Wembley yesterday without much of a queue at all, granted some left early as they knew they didnt have a chance but still the queue was minimal compared to round us, even with the Grove emptying early...

if theres a way to avoid a sacrifice then its worth trying, and if it means a fuller stadium to the end than thats surely a better outcome than the present?

If theres "no solution" then nothing will ever change. :|

If nothing happened at Holloway Rd then I assume the £5m didnt go to TFL, so theres a starter for change- maybe they could set some Scum fans onto digging an extra platform (Which it seems maybe at least some help) or theyve been used to digging themselves a hole for years. maybe shuttle buses anything extra surely can help?

Please can you have a word with some of your mates and see if something can be done from the clubs end?
If 'some of my mates' means the other guys in REDaction then I can confirm that we will not be looking into this, as it is not part of our remit and have no plans to do so. If you feel so strongly about it, I suggest contacting Arsenal direct, or raising it with AISA (if you are a member).

I sense you are trying to make a connection between poor atmosphere in the ground and people leaving early due to queues at the tube stations, but I just don't see it. We have a poor atmosphere at home because not enough of the attendees want to get involved in contributing to the atmosphere ; not because they are preoccupied with leaving early to get home for 'Splash'.

Cheers

Simon

Post by Simon »

maZu wrote:tickets for the champions league game are available for gold/silver members... when do they become available for red members?

is it a few days later?
Most likely - keep an eye on the Arsenal website.

UPDATE: Thursday at 10am

Chippy

Post by Chippy »

I can remember people leaving games early to get the tube in the seventies when we were getting 25,000 for a game.