Cazorla, Rosicky and German Eboue should be moved on

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Should we get rid

Sell all 3
15%
Keep Podolski
15%
Keep Cazorla
34%
Keep Rosicky
28%
Keep them all and offer a pay rise
9%

Total votes: 47

donaldo71

Re: Cazorla, Rosicky and German Eboue should be moved on

Post by donaldo71 »

How many prem starts will Rosicky and Podolski make?I doubt it will be 10 between them.Cazorla is a luxury particulary away from home but he is well ahead of the other two.Sell Rosicky and Podolski in Jan

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

Cazorla's a quality player well-worth keeping. Rosicky needs a coaching role at Arsenal in the near future. Podolski's a lad. Keep them all.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I'm sorry but this is just a knee jerk reaction thread. :roll: The only one of the three that has gotten any serious game time under their belt is Cazorla. The other two can't be expected to sit on the bench for months, get a 10 minute run out every second week or so and deliver like they are Bergkamp! Players have to play, then they have to get match fit, then they have to get a decent run of games to improve sharpness and confidence.

The one who should be moved on is the manager that failed miserably to utilise Podolski's excellent finishing ability in a decent system, and far too often messes Caz about in the wrong position and, again, often the wrong system.

Humoresque

Post by Humoresque »

officepest wrote:
Irish Gooner wrote: These players are just the tip of the iceberg of the LOSER mentality at this club and why we will never win a League or European Cup under Wenger.

:banghead:
Wenger is the reason we will never win the European Cup. Lost to a Chelsea side we'd beaten 3 times in '04 and the only appearance in a final was '06 - awful record in Europe.

Ship out whoever you like, they'll be replaced like-for like and the cycle continues.
only to the last 8 twice under Wenger's reign if I remember correctly.

Rosicky hasn't really had a chance yet this year, strange considering our troubles. He seems to bring a bit of passion and workrate and I see no reason why we should be down on him. I at least get a feeling that he cares, unlike some of the others.

Cazorla has been a little disappointing as of late but is it not the same as Ozil? out of position, not getting the best out of him?

I can't help but think of many of those teams under ol' purple nose, I'll say this at least, there was a system, there was a number 1 for each position and then there was a player that you pretty much knew would come in due to injury or squad rotation for each first team player.

I'd like to see Ozil seen as the first team number 10 and Santi as his defined back up, because you know, that's playing to both of their strengths. 8)

Podolski -- I was a big defender of but it seems to me it hasn't worked out, and I can't accept poor work rate. No matter how bad things are going at least put in a shift. It's the minimum required.

Imagine if Girouds injury happened a few days later, I bet Poldi would've been gone and we'd be in the same situation up front that we are defensively.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:I'm sorry but this is just a knee jerk reaction thread. :roll: The only one of the three that has gotten any serious game time under their belt is Cazorla. The other two can't be expected to sit on the bench for months, get a 10 minute run out every second week or so and deliver like they are Bergkamp! Players have to play, then they have to get match fit, then they have to get a decent run of games to improve sharpness and confidence.

The one who should be moved on is the manager that failed miserably to utilise Podolski's excellent finishing ability in a decent system, and far too often messes Caz about in the wrong position and, again, often the wrong system.
All Podolski has is finishing and I'm sorry but theres no excuse for lack of effort that he is putting in, he was a disgrace on Wednesday. Regardless of playing time you work your bollocks off and put in 100% at a minimum which he doesnt do, hes happy sauntering about doing fuck all cashing in on 110k a week and playing on twitter and instagram.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

Where do people think Cazorlas position is? He's always played in midfield or out wide which were his positions before he arrived. Regardless ts just excuses bad passing and losing possession is not based on playing out of position.

Maybe this is knee jerk but he needs to up his performance. Look at Juan Mata a better player and Mourinho could see he was not working enough, out the door and even sold to United where he has flopped badly .

No ruthlessness at this club, players play poor or average and continue here year after year.

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

Rosicky is a decent option to have on the bench due to his tempo and industrious playing style. He is probably in his last year or so here anyway.

Podolski perhaps but only if we have a better option brought in. I have to say overall I had hoped for a bigger impact here from him though.

Cazorla is a tricky one for me. While it is abundantly clear he is a very talented and gifted player, the position he excels in is (or should be) occupied by Ozil. Therefore he is good to have as back up but I doubt he would be happy with that and thus probably wouldn't get the best out of him when he is called upon. When everyone else is fit he is behind at least Sanchez, Walcott, Chamberlain and Gnabry (who I would love to get a long run in the side) for a wide berth. However let him go and straight away our strength in depth is weakened. If we get a good offer in the summer we should probably thank him for the free kick at Wembley and part ways.

Oh, and keep Abou :-P :wink:

loganscott

Post by loganscott »

Well i'd keep cazorla, but for me he's not a guaranteed starter, he's a good player just not all of the time unfortunately, deffo a great option to bring off the bench just not quite sure how happy he would be with that

rosicky is a deffo squad player for me but is worth keeping, always working and cant fault his effort so can make an impact from the bench, think he knows his position in the squad and is happy with it, a good pro

ah podolski, had such high hopes for him when we signed him, but apart from the odd game i think he's been a disappointment unfortunately, his work rate is very questionable at times...he should take a look a rosicky

as has been previously said if giroud hadn't of been injured i don't think he would even be here this season, perhaps in his head he had already gone, not that's an excuse tho

voted to keep cazorla and rosicky and quite happy to ship out podoldki

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Demun210 wrote:
Irish Gooner wrote:I havent posted here in a while and this is probably rubbish
You're overreacting completely. The only person you can make a case for is Podolski, who in all likelihood would have been gone but for the Giroud injury.
I wouldn't say you can't make a case for Rosicky. We have Ozil and Cazorla who can play the number 10 role, I'm not convinced Rosicky is really fit enough or suited to the CM role but in any case he's probably behind Ramsey, Wilshere and possibly even Chamberlain (given the options we have out wide) there. Plus when he has been fit he has always played regularly, I don't think you're going to get anything like the best out of him when he's struggling to make the squad most games, the odd limited substitute appearance and then suddenly called upon. It's the problem City have whenever the likes of Aguero get an injury, expecting a player who has barely played to come straight in and hit top form straight away.

Of course on the other hand it's nice to have some depth and when he does play very well he does bring something different. I'm by no means saying he should definitely go now, I wouldn't be bothered if his deal ran out this year but to me giving him two years was needless. There is definitely a case to be made for him to go at the end of this year.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

northbank123 wrote: I wouldn't say you can't make a case for Rosicky.

I'm by no means saying he should definitely go now, I wouldn't be bothered if his deal ran out this year but to me giving him two years was needless. There is definitely a case to be made for him to go at the end of this year.
:shock: 2 year contract was it- Always thought they were given yearly rolling ones, wasnt that why a few older players used to get the hump and leave prematurely :?

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Theoperator wrote:
northbank123 wrote: I wouldn't say you can't make a case for Rosicky.

I'm by no means saying he should definitely go now, I wouldn't be bothered if his deal ran out this year but to me giving him two years was needless. There is definitely a case to be made for him to go at the end of this year.
:shock: 2 year contract was it- Always thought they were given yearly rolling ones, wasnt that why a few older players used to get the hump and leave prematurely :?
And that's the thing. In the grand scheme of things one player for one year isn't likely to be a disaster. But the completely unnecessary two-year deal is worrying not so much for the financial side but because he is a favourite of Wenger's and I reckon Wenger will give him too much game time throughout that period. If he had a good season, come March or whatever we would hardly be fighting off competitors to give him another year, it'd be a banker. Why two years? Just another example of Wenger buying loyalty.

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

Irish Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:I'm sorry but this is just a knee jerk reaction thread. :roll: The only one of the three that has gotten any serious game time under their belt is Cazorla. The other two can't be expected to sit on the bench for months, get a 10 minute run out every second week or so and deliver like they are Bergkamp! Players have to play, then they have to get match fit, then they have to get a decent run of games to improve sharpness and confidence.

All Podolski has is finishing and I'm sorry but theres no excuse for lack of effort that he is putting in, he was a disgrace on Wednesday. Regardless of playing time you work your bollocks off and put in 100% at a minimum which he doesnt do, hes happy sauntering about doing fuck all cashing in on 110k a week and playing on twitter and instagram.
I agree with you on the German Eboue. He and his stupid grin can fuck off back to Germany for all I care.