THE WENGER THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: WENGER - Views For and Against.

Post by mcdowell42 »

840 pages and he's still here.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

mcdowell42 wrote:840 pages and he's still here.
Bit unfair on SteveO mate, bit unfair :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Theoperator wrote:
Bit unfair on SteveO mate, bit unfair :barscarf:
:D

augie

Post by augie »

I'm being genuine when I say this, but I'm absolutely amazed that when this thread started (2008) people were saying that wenker should be allowed another year or two to sort the mess out, and yet those same remarks were being made up until the end of last season (13/14) :shock: Also find it hilarious that so many c.unts found it ok to abuse and/or disrespect Gooners who wanted wenker out back then, but yet there is none of them on here anymore - gone into hiding lads ? :roll:

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

augie wrote: Also find it hilarious that so many c.unts found it ok to abuse and/or disrespect Gooners who wanted wenker out back then, but yet there is none of them on here anymore - gone into hiding lads ? :roll:
nope. i'm here and one of you now. + I have been since 2011....

i've already given my reasons for being a turncoat wanker on pages 337, 342 and 348-52.

it was SteveO ironically that turned me over the 2010/11 season. :oops:

plus the fact that we lost to - west brom, Newcastle, spuds, braga, donetsk, stoke and villa and only took one win off the top four, threw away a 4-0 lead at newcastle and the fizzy pop cup.

2011 for me was his last chance and when that blew up i had to admit i was wrong and 6 whole years after moving to the bowl we hadn't progressed - we were still flat track bullies and shite against the top 4 and in the CL.

it staggers me that 3 seasons later the majority of the support still can't see it.

clockender1

Post by clockender1 »

btw - very first page - wonga gets stick for not sorting out CB cover..... :shock:

smh.

augie

Post by augie »

clockender1 wrote:
augie wrote: Also find it hilarious that so many c.unts found it ok to abuse and/or disrespect Gooners who wanted wenker out back then, but yet there is none of them on here anymore - gone into hiding lads ? :roll:

i've already given my reasons for being a turncoat wanker on pages 337, 342 and 348-52.

plus the fact that we lost to - west brom, Newcastle, spuds, braga, donetsk, stoke and villa and only took one win off the top four, threw away a 4-0 lead at newcastle and the fizzy pop cup.

2011 for me was his last chance and when that blew up i had to admit i was wrong and 6 whole years after moving to the bowl we hadn't progressed - we were still flat track bullies and shite against the top 4 and in the CL.

it staggers me that 3 seasons later the majority of the support still can't see it.

Granted I have only flicked back through the first 8 pages of this thread, but I don't see you in there abusing anyone and it was those that abused the wenker opponents that I have the issue with. People who were pro wenker but who have now seen the light ( :wink: ) deserve my total respect for their willingness to change their stance as opposed to those who have back-peddled out the door as fast as they can, rather than concede that they placed too much faith in him.

Some great comments in those first few pages -

"I for one would rather we did win something this year, yet for the long term benefit of the club - not just in the near future but in the long long term, a couple of trophyless seasons should be tolerated" (cus geezer)

or

"And that is why I hate it when people slag the man off. He is Arsenal FC in my opinion" (cesc is god)

Don't you just cringe when you read those comments :lol: :lol: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

clockender1 wrote:btw - very first page - wonga gets stick for not sorting out CB cover..... :shock:

smh.

And in this thread I was complaining about no DM and that hasn't changed in the 6 years since either :roll:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

After 30 years in football AW considers doing tactics. In the new book about Guardiola it describes how Pep studied Arsenal's tactics and drilled his team to nullify it. The attention to detail and clear insight is something AW seems to refuse to consider.

MyOldMan

Post by MyOldMan »

[quote="MyOldMan"]I need to say this and go agianst the great majority but it's time for Wenger to go. I'm tired of his stuborn attitude towards transfers and the costant refusal to sort out contracts before the time,for not building on our strongest team. We are always playing catch up replacing players lost and have never truly replaced the defence and midfield of old.

We need change I would love wenger just to get a proper keeper of which we have not had since Seaman. Why does he refuse to buy experience even if it's for a few seasons?

We had the best out of Wenger time for change. Now we need to get a billionare takeover and a new manager. Even if Wenger had the money he would still be getting kids and unknowns. I'm tired of unknowns with potential

Hard to believe this was 6 years ago

defleppardisking

Post by defleppardisking »

I bet in three more yrs of time we will still be talking about the same thing we talked about 6 yrs ago

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

defleppardisking wrote:I bet in three more yrs of time we will still be talking about the same thing we talked about 6 yrs ago
Yeah we will...
And Diaby will still be lying on the treatment table picking up £60k a week :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
defleppardisking wrote:I bet in three more yrs of time we will still be talking about the same thing we talked about 6 yrs ago
Yeah we will...
And Diaby will still be lying on the treatment table picking up £80k a week :lol:
Fixed. :(

:wink:

SydneyGooner

Post by SydneyGooner »

clockender1 wrote:

We were actually quite good that season against the top 4.

Won at Al-City 3-0
Won at home to Chelski 3-1
Won at home to ManUre 1-0 (last time we've won against them)

Although we did lose at home to the Spuds. :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:cry: Is He Gone Yet? :cussing: