Arsenal v the Victims Sat 4th April 12:45pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SPUDMASHER

Re: Arsenal v the Victims Sat 4th April 12:45pm

Post by SPUDMASHER »

Brilliant result and four cracking goals. Even the most negative of our members must have got excited by that.

augie

Post by augie »

SPUDMASHER wrote:Brilliant result and four cracking goals. Even the most negative of our members must have got excited by that.

Yes. Yes I did 8) :wink: :lol: :lol: :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

augie wrote:
SPUDMASHER wrote:Brilliant result and four cracking goals. Even the most negative of our members must have got excited by that.

Yes. Yes I did 8) :wink: :lol: :lol: :barscarf:
I'm fucking negative at the best of times but seeing those four goals fly into the bin dippers' net and their murdering, misery-dwelling, Heysel denying,illiterate mob all fucking off before the final whistle brought a smile to my face.

Offside

Post by Offside »

There's nothing quite like hammering them, is there? :barscarf: The goals were magnificent. Even better, there was no panic when Liverpool got it back to 3-1.

VAVAVOOM 14

Post by VAVAVOOM 14 »

Brilliant result.

Although it basically confirmed United's top 4 finish, it always is great to analize those Scousers - I'm glad we were the ones to end their CL hopes. Hopefully we play them in the Cup Final and give Gerrard a proper sending off there, too.

Attacking wise that was probably the most entertaining and ruthless display we've churned out against a big side in years, all four goals were superb.

Special mention to Flamini for doing his best to fuck up a great performance with that stamp. :roll: Could easily have been a red, can't wait until he is gone this summer.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Sweating on the result as recording stopped after 40 mins. We were 1-0 up so I felt confident we'd do it. Glad to say I was & just seen a replay of all the goals. Magic.
Sc$itty & Scum loose tonight & I'll be even happier. :barscarf: :barscarf:

gp543

Post by gp543 »

Any one get stuck in to any of them after the match?

Remember it getting a bit tasty right near Drayton Park station as a few mates and I were walking to the barn a couple years ago.

Riotof91

Post by Riotof91 »

Brendan Rodgers has blamed the Can sending off on the emirates pitch! :lol: "Quite greasy, quite slippy with the way they water it. He's tried to reach around the back with the right foot but then slips with his left and then it looks like a scissor challenge, but I know him well enough to know he's not like that."

:roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

g88ner wrote:Ozil was sublime today.

Owen was too much of a dunce to notice, and seemed more interested in talking about his mistakes, but Ozil put in a Rolls-Royce performace; elegantly pulling the strings and keeping play moving . His movement and passing was just superb.

Coquelin was also fantastic. He made countless tackles and interceptions, and his recovery speed is bloody handy for a team like Arsenal who leave space between the lines.

Bellerin had a stormer (penalty aside).

I have to say, as soon as I saw that we intended to pen Liverpool in and play a high defensive line, I thought playing Mertesacker was asking for trouble. Early on, Sterling had obviously targeted Mertesacker and was getting into 1-on-1 situations which frightened the life out of me, but thankfully that stopped happening as the game went on.

We rode our luck at 0-0 but it was still a fantastic performance and I'm bloody delighted. 8)

^^ summed up to a tee.

I'm still buzzing. Brilliant performance and brilliant goals. Can't wait to talk to the "new" die hard mousers in work that came out of the woodwork last season and were saying last week that this was the game that would give them 3rd place!! :lol: :lol: 4 brilliant goals and some great performances from our lads. 8)

Only negatives for me were Rambo who was toilet until he put Sanchez in and Captain Stupid who once again showed what a coward he is by stamping. :roll:

Oh, and Maaahhcurl Owen. The dumbest fucker working on TV. :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Riotof91 wrote:Brendan Rodgers has blamed the Can sending off on the emirates pitch! :lol: "Quite greasy, quite slippy with the way they water it. He's tried to reach around the back with the right foot but then slips with his left and then it looks like a scissor challenge, but I know him well enough to know he's not like that."

See he's now blamed it on the Sun newspaper and the Italian fans for "starting it". :D :wink:

Midz

Post by Midz »

That goal by Hector Bellerin was very good as were they all.
He's definitely going to be good cover for Debuchy.

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

watched the game in a pub in Carlisle (!?) after walking Hadrians wall, was an amazing feeling to actually be excited by this team again.

And yes me and my mate were the only people to cheer ever goal :lol: :barscarf:

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Riotof91 wrote:Brendan Rodgers has blamed the Can sending off on the emirates pitch! :lol: "Quite greasy, quite slippy with the way they water it. He's tried to reach around the back with the right foot but then slips with his left and then it looks like a scissor challenge, but I know him well enough to know he's not like that."

Quote Pinched from Pulis ref Shawcross 2010 :evil: :evil: :roll:

manninger

Post by manninger »

toure war our best man.......sad to see him decline that much..