The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
gp543

Re: The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by gp543 »

northbank123 wrote:I would not be disappointed to see United or City shoot their load on Edison Cavani... everybody I've seen him played he has been hugely underwhelming.
I don't watch much Ligue 1 but I genuinely have never seen him be clinical or dynamic ever. Scored some wondergoals for Napoli and has been living off those for a long time

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Can anyone really see us signing anyone weve heard of this Summer?

Weve had opportunities to buy experienced GKs for years and havent
The backs are just about OK
We have a DM now home grown
midfielders all sorted
we have strikers

(Thats the AW view)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

So after yesterday's very lucky win over a resilient Reading....it is again obvious that we need to bring in players for specific positions.

Although Coquelin has done a n excellent job as a Mid-field Enforcer (only because wenger - again - fucked up and decided Arteta and Falmini could do the job - which neither can)...But whether Coquelin can continue to improve and make that position his own is still to be proven...so we need another MF Defender...Arteta's legs are gone and flamini...well nuff sed.

We need a Left Back - Gibbs is as tough as rice paper - he cannot take on players - every time the bal comes to him in an advanced position he passes it sideways or back, then runs forward into a position where the mid-fielders cannot find him, so he ends up looking like a spare tool, he doesn't have a footballing brain....Monreal is a far better/skilled player and has done well for us this season at LB but he is not a defender, his size is a problem against the opposition - especially in the air - he is better than gibbs going forward, but seeing as he was initially brought in as a mid-fielder (I think :rubchin: ) - we need someone bigger, stronger and with pace - who? feck knows

Ospina has been very good - but (again - like Coquelin) has yet to fully prove his worth. A short while ago there were rumours of us signing petre cech...that would be brilliant - but I don't see: a) Wenger signing another/new GK and b) maureen allowing him to join us.

Welbeck has proved to be not good enough - perhaps it is the system that doesn't suit, as I think he is a good player, but every time he plays and is replaced by Giroud - who although not as pacey - is stronger and able to take & hold the ball to bring our mid-fielders into the attack - something Welbeck can't do. - So not only do we need another striker - But a Top/World Class Natural Finisher - But I don't see wenger going for that.

We need at least 4 quality players if we are going to (seriously) compete for the Prem Title next season - but seeing as Wenger shops at Lidl and not Harrod's we are fecked.

Just hope we win the final now we are through. :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Anyone know if this player is good enough for The Arsenal?

"Arsenal have been cleared to sign Espanyol's Hector Moreno, 27, despite Tottenham's reported interest, with the defender ready to accept a move to the Emirates."

http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/19/hector-mo ... e-5157570/

He's already dismissed the vermin up the road...so that's a Good Start. :barscarf:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

OneBardGooner wrote:Anyone know if this player is good enough for The Arsenal?

"Arsenal have been cleared to sign Espanyol's Hector Moreno, 27, despite Tottenham's reported interest, with the defender ready to accept a move to the Emirates."

http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/19/hector-mo ... e-5157570/

He's already dismissed the vermin up the road...so that's a Good Start. :barscarf:
He's been thought of as 'good' for a while. I've seen him a couple of times and he does look decent. Reasonably quick, reasonable in the air. No obvious weaknesses, but no massive strengths either. He does, however seem durable.

If it helps he was signed by AFC most seasons in my FM2014 and did well!

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Hector Bellarin

Now Hector Moreno

What the Hec is going on? Its more like Hectors House

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6hVjaujo_w

:wink:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/9 ... Dybala-Bid

Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini claims that Arsenal have made a bid for 'new Messi' Paulo Dybala.

The 21-year-old Argentine has scored 13 goals this season to reportedly attract the attentions of Juventus, Roma, Chelsea and now Arsenal.

Zamparini is keen to drum up a bidding war for his asset, telling Canal Plus: "Dybala is not Sergio Aguero but the new (Lionel) Messi. He’s not an out-and-out striker, but operates in every area of the field, like Messi.

"Will he stay? No, because the player and his agent aspire to a big club, and they’re right to do so. I’ve already received at least four offers.

"Two were from Italian clubs, and two were from abroad, and they include Arsenal and Juventus."

That's two "New Messi" players we're in for this summer

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Now we have established he is still alive and still playing, surely this is the year to swoop for Joe Cole? :rubchin:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

A world class goalkeeper, Cech or Lloris, world class striker, higuian, falcao (yes he's had a nightmare at united wrong manager, came back from injury too early and be cheaper now even more reason to sign him), Benzema.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

I think we should bid for Lloris, just to piss off the Scum and remind him that there's no CL football coming his way if he stays at the swamp.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Rumours are starting rumble that Lloris wants out of the shithole - Wenger should snap him up sharpish...be a great asset...Ospina and him can battle for the No 1 jersey - get shot of the gobby pole.

Only now after Diaby has been on the treatment table all these years does wenger consider offering a 'pay as you play' deal to him - what a fuckin shambles.... :roll: :banghead:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Looking at some of the rumours starting to fly with the journos already it seems we're in for a bumper silly season even earlier this year :lol:

I reckon McD might have to be putting in overtime requests to the Mods this year

On a related note I read somewhere he has only £50M to spend this summer.

Maybe if we offloaded some of our bloated attacking midfield options we'd be able to strengthen the rest of the team and get what we actually need.

BournemouthRED

Post by BournemouthRED »

Wanyama from saints please

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:Now we have established he is still alive and still playing, surely this is the year to swoop for Joe Cole? :rubchin:
I hear fwank is starting a petition! :lol: