The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
swimmer1

Re: The 2015 Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by swimmer1 »

Just to cheer you all up on a Wednesday

Arsenal are monitoring Sevilla star Grzegorz Krychowiak but Arsene Wenger is not keen to add to his squad this month, according to the London Evening Standard.
The report claims member’s of Arsenal’s backroom staff think the club should strengthen in the defensive midfield position but Wenger is keen to put his faith in Francis Coquelin

Looks like Wenger idea is thin the squad to it's bear bones and ask the rest to get on with it with the money they earn why not

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Any chance we can sign Eva Carneiro? :D :wink:

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

Gunner Rob wrote:Any chance we can sign Eva Carneiro? :D :wink:
Can she play centre forward ?

Also not sure how Giroud will react with his track record :wink:
Last edited by swimmer1 on Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

swimmer1 wrote:
She can play in the hole 8)

swimmer1

Post by swimmer1 »

rodders999 wrote:
swimmer1 wrote:
She can play in the hole 8)
My sort of centre forward

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

swimmer1 wrote:

:lol:

At least he would be more likely to hit the target with her. :lol:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

swimmer1 wrote:Just to cheer you all up on a Wednesday

Arsenal are monitoring Sevilla star Grzegorz Krychowiak but Arsene Wenger is not keen to add to his squad this month, according to the London Evening Standard.
The report claims member’s of Arsenal’s backroom staff think the club should strengthen in the defensive midfield position but Wenger is keen to put his faith in Francis Coquelin

Looks like Wenger idea is thin the squad to it's bear bones and ask the rest to get on with it with the money they earn why not
This is said every year, but eventually our ridiculous transfer policy will catch up with Wenger. It's incredible how obvious it is that Wenger is only interested in top 4 finishes, yet our delusional support still think he is going to win the title again before he leaves :banghead:

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

Dropping out of the top 4 is the only way we'll get shot of the stubborn old git in charge, get in a winner like Mourinho or Ancelotti, and become competitive again. Our only goal is to qualify for the Champions League and rake in the cash, and therefore the Cech signing is all we needed. We don't need a Lewandowski, Cavani or Martinez to finish in the top 4, our squad is good enough already. If we end up signing anyone else, it will be either a kid with 'potential' from *insert shitty Euro league here*, or a cast-off from one of our rivals in the Welbeck mould.

I couldn't bring myself to watch the West Game and probably won't watch the Palace game because after 24 years I've honestly started to lose interest. It's a repeat cycle to nowhere, every fucking year, and continuing to watch other games as a neutral is a lot less stressful without the constant moaning, and reminds me of why I love football. I'm sick of these overrated, overpaid, mollycoddled prannies bigging themselves up to be title contenders, Wenger calling every defeat a 'glitch' or 'accident', treating the fans like absolute idiots claiming there isn't anyone 'available' who's better than what we've got, and continuing to get paid a fortune whilst resting on his laurels and doing the bare minimum, fellow 'fans' with the 'as long as we finish top 4' attitude and the 'who can do a better job than Wenger?' bollocks, and claiming West Ham have had better preparation than us because of a couple games against two shitty two-bob Romanian and Andorran sides, the club playing on fans' loyalty and fleecing them every year, and our soulless bowl of a stadium where we supposedly moved to to 'compete with Europe's best'. I gave up my season ticket 3 years ago and silver membership in February, and feel sorry for the saps who continue to pay 1k+ every year for their love of the club, I really do.

As sad as it is, the only real enjoyment I get out of Arsenal these days is in fact coming on here and reading the banter and hilarious posts by Augie, SteveO, Itchybollocks/Babatunde, Rodders etc., laughing at some of the deluded Wenger-apologists/window-lickers on here, at work and at the pub who genuinely think we're good enough, and of course a little private time with the NSFW gifs thread when the wife's out :oops:

Sorry for saying this but I hope we get knocked out the Champs League early, suffer embarrassing defeats all season, drop out of the top 4, and win fuck all. The only scenario there which hasn't happened is dropping out of the top 4, and that's why Wenger is still here despite presiding over some of the most embarrassing and humiliating defeats we've ever seen. As tactically inept and stubborn as Wenger is, he is a walking cash machine, and the only way the Yanks will ever get shot of him is if their pockets start getting lighter. Same shit, different season.

markyp

Post by markyp »

apparently shes a good dribbler,sorry I meant a right gusher :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

postmanPat91 wrote:Dropping out of the top 4 is the only way we'll get shot of the stubborn old git in charge, get in a winner like Mourinho or Ancelotti, and become competitive again. Our only goal is to qualify for the Champions League and rake in the cash, and therefore the Cech signing is all we needed. We don't need a Lewandowski, Cavani or Martinez to finish in the top 4, our squad is good enough already. If we end up signing anyone else, it will be either a kid with 'potential' from *insert shitty Euro league here*, or a cast-off from one of our rivals in the Welbeck mould.

I couldn't bring myself to watch the West Game and probably won't watch the Palace game because after 24 years I've honestly started to lose interest. It's a repeat cycle to nowhere, every fucking year, and continuing to watch other games as a neutral is a lot less stressful without the constant moaning, and reminds me of why I love football. I'm sick of these overrated, overpaid, mollycoddled prannies bigging themselves up to be title contenders, Wenger calling every defeat a 'glitch' or 'accident', treating the fans like absolute idiots claiming there isn't anyone 'available' who's better than what we've got, and continuing to get paid a fortune whilst resting on his laurels and doing the bare minimum, fellow 'fans' with the 'as long as we finish top 4' attitude and the 'who can do a better job than Wenger?' bollocks, and claiming West Ham have had better preparation than us because of a couple games against two shitty two-bob Romanian and Andorran sides, the club playing on fans' loyalty and fleecing them every year, and our soulless bowl of a stadium where we supposedly moved to to 'compete with Europe's best'. I gave up my season ticket 3 years ago and silver membership in February, and feel sorry for the saps who continue to pay 1k+ every year for their love of the club, I really do.

As sad as it is, the only real enjoyment I get out of Arsenal these days is in fact coming on here and reading the banter and hilarious posts by Augie, SteveO, Itchybollocks/Babatunde, Rodders etc., laughing at some of the deluded Wenger-apologists/window-lickers on here, at work and at the pub who genuinely think we're good enough, and of course a little private time with the NSFW gifs thread when the wife's out :oops:

Sorry for saying this but I hope we get knocked out the Champs League early, suffer embarrassing defeats all season, drop out of the top 4, and win fuck all. The only scenario there which hasn't happened is dropping out of the top 4, and that's why Wenger is still here despite presiding over some of the most embarrassing and humiliating defeats we've ever seen. As tactically inept and stubborn as Wenger is, he is a walking cash machine, and the only way the Yanks will ever get shot of him is if their pockets start getting lighter. Same shit, different season.
Whilst i can't actually wish they will loose any game, could never do that, can sympathise with your post totally, i have also reached the point where i can't take it anymore, its starting to upset me and i dont need that.....they aint getting anymore of my money,
Its not just one game against West Ham, its years and years now of the same thing, signing off good luck all :D

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

postmanPat91 - probably the post of the year on here

S3aninLondon

Post by S3aninLondon »

If we don't get a result against Palace, which its definitely possible and still no signings, it wouldn't surprise me to see some wide discontent at the Liverpool game. Perhaps some banners with Wenger out and vocal discontent may make the board finally do something and put this old relic out to pasture! For goodness sake, Klopp is at home putting his feet up. Let's get him in!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

postmanPat91 wrote:Dropping out of the top 4 is the only way we'll get shot of the stubborn old git in charge
There was I time I used also think along those lines but now that the soul has been sucked clean out of me by the club I no longer believe it to be the case. In fact I can almost hear Ivan saying something along the lines of "after all Arsene has achieved here we believe he deserves the opportunity to be the one to restore the club to it rightful position (4th) and he has our full backing for next season" :roll:

Ikechukwu1

Post by Ikechukwu1 »

S3aninLondon wrote:If we don't get a result against Palace, which its definitely possible and still no signings, it wouldn't surprise me to see some wide discontent at the Liverpool game. Perhaps some banners with Wenger out and vocal discontent may make the board finally do something and put this old relic out to pasture! For goodness sake, Klopp is at home putting his feet up. Let's get him in!
Would that be the same "discontent" vented at WBA last season and Stoke, that was forgotten super-quick as our squad with a wage bill of over £200m managed to scrape past Reading in a semi, thrash a rubbish Villa in the final and of course, made that glorious run to 3rd place?

I mean, the fans didn't seem to at all mind that the club didn't challenge for the title at all, was humiliated in the CL by a shockingly average Monaco side! If you look at that AST survey, Le Tosser's approval ratings have never been higher!
Apiarently, paying Walcott/Giroud/Welbeck a combined £370k per week is excellent management, as is signing Jose's 33 year-old reserve keeper. Wenger even persuaded his masses that Coquelin was good enough to win a title with LOL! :lol:

It's ok though cos even though there's record dosh in the bank, the sheep will lap it all up for yet another year, and the mother of all *****-o-thons can take place if he adds the league cup to the Community Shield this season! More progress! :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

swimmer1 wrote:

She's far better looking than that vain cunnt - so he'd probably throw one of his hissy fits