Welcome: Mohamed Elneny

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
markyp

Re: Welcome: Mohamed Elneny

Post by markyp »

LaughingGooner wrote:Thought it was a decent debut.
Looked neat and tidy and tactically, he did very well.
Hope he's retained for Tuesday, but I fear Flamini will be back in the side.
typical AKB response,id say signing of the century,who needs Ronaldo when you have Elneny,Arsene knows best blah blah blah,total bollox,bang average id ay for his debut and id be amazed if he offers anything other than cover in the long term

LaughingGooner

Post by LaughingGooner »

markyp wrote:
typical AKB response,id say signing of the century,who needs Ronaldo when you have Elneny,Arsene knows best blah blah blah,total bollox,bang average id ay for his debut and id be amazed if he offers anything other than cover in the long term
Fair points, we should only judge a player on his debut and then slaughter him if he doesn't match Zidane at his best.
Get rid of him, he's clearly not got what it takes.

Keep on with the unique tactical insights fella, your posts offer great reading :barscarf: :blah: :blah:

markyp

Post by markyp »

LaughingGooner wrote:
markyp wrote:
Fair points, we should only judge a player on his debut and then slaughter him if he doesn't match Zidane at his best.

Keep on with the unique tactical insights fella, your posts offer great reading :barscarf: :blah: :blah:
your stupid WUM posts grate nearly every bloke here you Wenker butt hole licker

LaughingGooner

Post by LaughingGooner »

I merely stated that Elneny had a decent debut.

Enlighten me as to how this was a wind up post???

You then turned my post into having yet another dig at Wenger. I didn't mention Wenger in my post at all.
But nevermind, you wanted to brown nose all the other Wenger haters here and you probably succeeded.

I guess all my posts will be labelled just an attempt to wind up everyone here.

Funny thing is I've been critical of Wenger in the past but my generally positive posts here are way out of line.
We must bitch, moan and abuse our manager and players at every opportunity.

But I guess that is the way with the modern football fan.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

No you are a WUM because every post of yours is sarcastic, childish and purely designed to wind people up. You didn't merely state anything, it was the typical childish sarcastic style.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

northbank123 wrote:No you are a WUM because every post of yours is sarcastic, childish and purely designed to wind people up. You didn't merely state anything, it was the typical childish sarcastic style.
To be fair Northbank all my posts are sarcastic and childish too. :( :cry: :oops:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

StuartL wrote:
northbank123 wrote:No you are a WUM because every post of yours is sarcastic, childish and purely designed to wind people up. You didn't merely state anything, it was the typical childish sarcastic style.
To be fair Northbank all my posts are sarcastic and childish too. :( :cry: :oops:
Yes but you are anti-Wenger so it doesn't matter. :D

LaughingGooner

Post by LaughingGooner »

I'll ask again......how is stating that Elneny had a decent debut an attempt at winding everyone up!?!?!?

Just because I've posted pro Wenger comments I get labelled a WUM.

It's funny ;)

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

What is everyone obsession with Wanyama? He is trending on an Aaron Ramsey thead, the game against Southampton thread, and in this thread. The suggestions are Wanyama is better than Ramsey, we cant beat Southampton because of Wanyama, and Wenger should have spent 30m on Wanyama rather than buy Elneny.

Does Wanyama sh.. gold?

Anyone remember when we signed Kosicleny and the masses wailed because we 'needed someone like Shawcross'

markyp

Post by markyp »

LaughingGooner wrote:
I'll ask again......how is stating that Elneny had a decent debut an attempt at winding everyone up!?!?!?

Just because I've posted pro Wenger comments I get labelled a WUM.

It's funny ;)
its because you seem to have been watching a different game,jizzing over is performance was taking it a massive stretch too far,he did a job and didn't fuck anything up is all you can say in reality not what you wrote,its was hardly up their with Vieras debut was it or are you too young to remember that?

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

LaughingGooner wrote:
markyp wrote:

Sorry just checked this post again and it is indeed a simple statement of opinion and not a childish antagonistic steaming pile of turd :roll:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Wilson wrote:What is everyone obsession with Wanyama? He is trending on an Aaron Ramsey thead, the game against Southampton thread, and in this thread. The suggestions are Wanyama is better than Ramsey, we cant beat Southampton because of Wanyama, and Wenger should have spent 30m on Wanyama rather than buy Elneny.

Does Wanyama sh.. gold?

Anyone remember when we signed Kosicleny and the masses wailed because we 'needed someone like Shawcross'
Such childish comments - maybe a comment on Wanyama's ability might prove of more value on a forum??

And Koscielny sadly is hardly the benchmark of success. after a few shocking seasons he has turned into a decent and now a good defender but one who makes far too many lapses of concentration that cost us. He has been piss-poor on that front in the last 6 weeks.

And I honestly can't remember Shawcross' name being bandied about :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Wilson wrote:What is everyone obsession with Wanyama? He is trending on an Aaron Ramsey thead, the game against Southampton thread, and in this thread. The suggestions are Wanyama is better than Ramsey, we cant beat Southampton because of Wanyama, and Wenger should have spent 30m on Wanyama rather than buy Elneny.

Does Wanyama sh.. gold?

Shawcross was NEVER suggested as a coveted player on here - apart from the fact that he isnt even related to a footballer, the fact that he broke ramsey's leg would exclude any possibility of signing him. On yeah and he is also a c.unt as well :evil: :evil:

Wanyama pisses all over every single midfielder we have and I include ramsey in that. He pisses over them because he is physically strong, positionally disciplined and good in the tackle - basically he is the type of midfielder that we NEED, but instead we sign a £5m camel farmer that is shocked at the physicality of the english league :roll: :oops:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I'm more than happy to give Elneny a chance and agree that we shouldn't be writing him off after 1 game. My old man, the uber AKB, did warn that he looks a bit soft for the PL just yet, so if the lad is going to make it, then its more than likely going to be a slow burner. To be honest he's the sort of player that a few years ago we would probably be more accepting of......a bit like Edu who wasn't a regular most of the time because he was third or fourth in line behind the likes of PV4, Fabregas and Gilberto. The issue now of course is that we are lacking a natural player who sits deep and has a physical presence so we always hope that we'll sign someone to fill that void.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

falkirk goon wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Watched the whole game on Setanta. He's not a natural DM. He looks more a box to box player so comparing him to Captain Stupid Flamoney is a tad unfair. He looked tidy enough in passing and moving and isn't afraid to shoot. A good addition to the squad if we had signed him last summer if we had unloaded the Ox. But as the only January signing? Why? :|

So we have another attacking midfielder (that's 532 now, I believe!) but haven't signed the DM, CH and striker we need. Top work Arsene, top work. :roll: :x
So in summing up DB is le bumhole (a) a bumhole (b) a furburger or (c) a hippos yawn :D :wink:
:lol:

(b) a furburger. :wink: