Something for the weekend Sir?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
delgooner

Something for the weekend Sir?

Post by delgooner »

Well, after a week of the newspapers and reading all the articles on here and arseblog, Im a bit mystified of whats going on at the Arse maybe I can put some thought thinking views down for the weekend and see what you all think.

Why doesnt TH, La Boss or the Arse board come out and say that he's staying or leaving. Why is it always left up in the air and complete silence from within, they must know it pisses every gooner off and we all start slagging them off. Wouldnt it be nice if La Boss called all the newspapers to a meeting and said TH is going nowhere or yes we are letting him go and the reasons.

Get Ces to give an interview and ask him directly did he say that he wished he hadnt signed the 8 year contract. I really thought he loved playing for Arsenal and what La Boss had done for him bringing him through so early and making him a world class star.

On the transfer side, I noticed that the majority of you want experienced players signed but I think we have no chance as all the great players are signed up to clubs and getting a very nice pay packet thank you very much. Can you tell me a great player who is available and who we need and how much is he gonna cost, cos you know La Boss is like Fagin with the money and he's not gonna buy anybody who's not worth the dosh i.e. Wrighty's boy at chelshite. So I dont know the answer any ideas you lot.

Takeover. Definitely against Kronkie and DD getting their claws into the Arse, we should stay as the only english top club not owned by some Johnny Foreigner who only wants a profit not cos he loves the club. Just read about Manscum and how much they are in the red with the Glaziers just putting everything into more loans, wait til the shit hits the fan there. I see Liverpool are not getting in the players that Pedro wants to sign so he's not a happy bunny there. And if the russian mafia get the ruskie at Chelshite god knows what will happen there. No, give us the next few years, paid off the Emirates, dont owe anybody anything, have a full house every home game, have the best ground in the land and the best football playing team. And all the money going back into the Arse and the team. Fuck some yank or arab taking over and milking us dry. Sorry about that, bit long-winded that.

Now last but not least. Being a Gooner and a supporter and what it means. Im now an old bastard of 60 and I have been supporting the Arse since I was eight when my old man took me to Highbury and I sat on his shoulders and many other supporters shoulders who my old man didnt know saying I would get a better view from their shoulders on the north bank. I have followed the Arse through shite times and some great times. A lot of the supporters now are shall we say only been supporting for the last ten years? And I know loads of young arsenal supporters out my way, I now live in Bedfordshire and they not happy with the present goings on, but I tell them you support your team no matter what, its something inside you that makes you a gooner, I have always said that no other club has that, not even the mickey mousers. So there was an Arsenal before TH and AW et al and there will be an Arsenal after them, so remember its the Arsenal thats in your blood and bollocks to the rest of the world. Amen

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

Couldn't agree more - esp that Arsenal will be there long after TH & AW!!

A couple of points I think you are wrong on though. 8 year contracts aren't there to secure the players services for 8 years. They are there to put anyone else off or at least boost the price should anyone else come in for them. And every single player at every single club is for sale!! If you were willing to pay the right price then you could buy anyone tomorrow. TH definitely, but also Et'o, Ronaldinho etc. You think the Glasiers wouldn't sell Ronaldo if someone came in with £50m???

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

Delgooner raises some good points. Upon my latest visit to Arseblog I see swap talk is growing!!! I love Henry but if his heart is no longer with us then Eto'o would be a good deal, I hope!

Regarding Cesc, contracts mean Jack Shit in footie now but I still think he will wear the captains armband one day.

I am all on for the takeover because it will see David Dien return to the board and ensure a bit nore stability with Arsene and, if not too late, Mr Henry.

delgooner

Post by delgooner »

I just cant see a takeover by Silent Stan is gonna do us any good Green Gooner. I dont think it would stablise the club as we know he's only in it for the money and you imagine what the board room would be like if DD returned and they were all trying to do the dirty on one another. Just wouldnt work. And Im for keeping OUR club in the hands of people that are ARSENAL, I know a lot of people dont think much of the present board but it just wasnt all DD who has brought all what we have at the Club. DD is no saint so he must have done some real DASTILY DEED for the board to make him leave. I want our club to remain an ENGLISH club not some glorified piece of a Global Corporation who just want to make $$$$s from flogging our name round the world. We have tradition at the club and that is known all over the world. As for TH, why on earth do the club have to bow down to him. When he comes out with crap (Im assuming that he does say these things) like HE wants to see what players are brought in before he decides to stay or not. Who the fuck is he, he had a piss pour season last year and who was paying him - YOU the fans, so I think he should realise just how much the fans love him and keep his gob shut or he might realise that the players who might be brought in might be to replace him! AMEN

redstevo

Post by redstevo »

Regarding Mr Henry i couldn't agree more with you. The club bent over backwards last season to keep him happy and what's changed since then? Last season was a right off as far as tels input goes and as far as i'm concerned i support ARSENAL. The players are part of this great club and will come and go. If players especially the captain are not committed a la paddy, anelka etc then cheerio. at times when terry is not up for it he is detrimental to the team, not great captain material.

Having said that i hope it's all cobblers and he comes back a fully refreshed genius that we know he can be.

I Hate Hleb

DEL BOY PULLS ANOTHER FAST ONE!

Post by I Hate Hleb »

OH SHIT!! IS THAT IT:?

THEN, I REALLY MUST PROTEST THE MISLEADING HEADING FOR THIS THREAD :x

THERE'S ME THINKING THE ONLINEGOONER WAS ADDING A LITTLE BIT MORE SPICE TO THE WEBSITE - ALA GOONERGIRL AT ASHBURTON - TO LIFT ALL THE DOOM AND GLOOM SURROUNDING OUR CLUB, AND WHAT DO I SEE? YET ANOTHER THREAD SPECULATING ABOUT WHETHER HENRY/CESC/WENGER ET. AL. WILL/WON'T/SHOULD/SHOULDN'T STAY :shock:

ADMIT IT DELGOONER, THAT WAS A DELIBERATELY MISLEADING HEADING AND A VERY UNDER-HAND WAY OF DRAWING ATTENTION TO YOUR POST! :oops: YOU REALLY HAVE BEEN A NAUGHTY BOY, HAVEN'T YOU? IT IS CERTAINLY UNBECOMING OF A GENTLEMAN OF YOUR AGE TO BE PLAYING SUCH TRICKS!!

CONSIDER THIS A WARNING AND METAPHORICAL SLAP ON THE WRIST. DO IT AGAIN, AND IT'S OFF TO THE HEAD-MASTER WITH YOU!:twisted:

ON A TOTALLY DIFFERENT SUBJECT: DOES ANYONE KNOW WHETHER WE CAN GET A SPELL-CHECK FACILITY ADDED ON TO THIS WEBSITE? I'M CONTINUALLY HAVING TO EDIT MY POSTS BECAUSE I NOTICE A TYPO I'VE MADE, AND IT'S KIND OF FRUSTRATING.

I KNOW THERE IS THE PREVIEW FUNCTION AVAILABLE, BUT WHO THE FECK WANTS TO SPEND TIME PREVIEWING THEIR POSTS BEFORE SENDING THEM OFF? (O.K. AN INTELLEGENT PERSON WOULD - WHICH RULES ME OUT! - BUT YOU GET WHAT I MEAN).

green gooner

Post by green gooner »

I posted yesterday and my comment ended up on a totally different thread!!! Anyway, I respect the fact that Delgooner wants to retain the "English" core values of Arsenal. However, as a travelling fan (Silver Member) from Ireland I really want to see my beloved Arsenal be successful more than anything!!!

I fear that without serious investment the club, in it's present incarnation, will continue to stutter and lag behind the scum-shit from Manchester.

I don't think I want another year where we are out of all competitions in March/

Drone

Arsenal can be supported only with the heart!!!!!

Post by Drone »

Even if Henry goes and Arsene as well, we support the team not a player, so long he is an Arsenal player coo i'm fan of him, if he goes, with all respect he is good but i support Arsenal and Arsenal only. I'm not English. I'm an Kosovar Albanian, but i suport the idea of Arsenal remaining an English team. With all respect to all ya coments, i think that with money we invest yearly we still are a thread to all big teams around. Who reached last year Ch. L. Final? We did. What we invested least year? Nut much as Manure, Chavski or Liverpool, not even close to Real M, Juventus, Milan, Inter etc. Whats the slary of ar players compare to this teams i mentiones above? Even this season who beat Manchickster twice? we did. even without silvervare that was enough for a suporter as i am.