Barcelona move for Arsenal boss Wenger

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
stearmaster

Barcelona move for Arsenal boss Wenger

Post by stearmaster »

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is a target for Barcelona.
The Sun says Frank Rijkaard is expected to step down following Real Madrid's triumph.

The Spanish giants made Arsenal boss Wenger their No 1 target to replace him and reports in France (maybe the same reports that henry had left us for barca) last week said Wenger met with Barca director Ferran Soriano in Paris.

There was speculation the meeting was to discuss the transfer of Thierry Henry to Barca.

But senior sources at the Nou Camp were last night insisting Wenger's own future was also a topic of discussion.

we_are_the_arsenal

Post by we_are_the_arsenal »

lets not start this shit with wenger, fuck the sun, i wipe my ass with them,

T.S

Post by T.S »

we_are_the_arsenal wrote:lets not start this shit with wenger, fuck the sun, i wipe my ass with them,
Well said. I too wipe my wild donkey with it.

Wenger has promised he will at the very least see out his current contract at the Club. That is that.

tenementfunster5

Post by tenementfunster5 »

It's all one big load o' shite. The papers found no truth in the Henry rumours and after exhausting all their tenuous links have been forced to move on. The next on their list is our boss.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I read this morning that The Emirates Stadium is poised to join Barcelona or Real Madrid or AC Milan or Juventus or Boca Juniors or Santos or Barnet in a multi-million pound deal!

MK Gould

Post by MK Gould »

I heard that the onlinegooner is to be renamed the onlinebarca and.....!!

Barca can want! Whatever about being able to buy a player, there is no way that Wenger is for sale. And also no way that he'd walk with a year of his contract to go. Besides, he knows that there is no way that Barca can offer him the kind of freedom and patience that he has enjoyed at Arsenal.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

Sky Sports reports LaPorte the president of Barcelona as saying Rijkarrd to remain as manager next season lets hope that puts all the Wenger to Barcelona rumours to bed.

Drone

Post by Drone »

Whatever, this Brca guys are full of shite. this Laporta promised to their fans that he will bring Thierry to Nou Camp, but he dident. He aslo promised other things but most of the times was full of crap. All this are just speculations from their side just tu try to win points there and try to disturb big clubs such as Arsenal. Last year i dont belive they wanted Henry at all they just made thos speculations to put him out of concetrations during Ch. L. tour, and i belleive they did it in finals, he dident use some great chances that usually dont mis.

This year they are using the situation to destroy are team, because they fear from us. We lost the final but we beat them with game.

You guys my hate Chavski, Manchickster, Spuds etc. I hate tham also, but i hate eny other team in this planet that is not Arsenal, including Barca in top of the for mos hated teams.

Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Lets face it they just wish they were us. Surprised they haven't started a consortium to challenge SS for a takeover!

I think this is all good news, One minute it's TH then Cesc then Arsene, eventually once they have been linked with RVP/Kolo etc, they'll make a massive transfer coup and finally get their man....adios Phil! You heard it here first, it's all a cover so they can take swiss Tony before Villareal do.

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

Ok so we are all moving to sunnier climates and a city with a beach 8)

Hagbard 23

Post by Hagbard 23 »

The Sun says.....Blah Blah Blah etc. Dont fall for this bull. Its getting to be the summer ritual for the press to turn us all into nervous wrecks with their "exclusives" on what player is leaving us. I see again that Mr Wenger is leaving us for Arselona, and is taking T.H, Fab, and probably all the fixtures and fittings that aint screwed down at the Emirates! As Mr Wenger said, only last week, "Don't Panic"

T.S

Post by T.S »

Hagbard 23 wrote:...Arselona
I like it!

U.F.G Anfield '89

Post by U.F.G Anfield '89 »

STOP PRESS! : chelsea have launched takeover bit for Arsenal football club. it was reported last night that chelsea were reporting interest in buying Arsenal. Peter Kenyon said "We want to acquire the best for Chelsea football club and Arsenal have a better stadium, better fans and a better history."

in other news Barcelona look set to take Robot Crunt Monkey from under the noses of Real Madrid "we were impressed with the power of his schlonger" said the barcelona president (Continued on page 94)