THE WENGER CULT

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

THE WENGER CULT

Post by goonersid »

I have come to the conclusion that those on here who still support Wenger have been recruited into some kind of "wenger cult".
All the signs are there, blindly following their divine leader, blissfully unaware of his ineptittude, his lies and deceit, basically taking the piss out of the lot of em. Hypnotising them with his sophisticated french accent, casing them to bow before his feet at the uttering of certain key words "belief" "potential" etc you know the crap I'm talking about.
Yes they have all been brainwashed and are willing to follow their almighty leader over the cliff which wenger is steering us all towards.
Wake up for fuck sake and smell the fucking coffee! Before it's too late.

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

Spot on Sid.

Those that have known me long enough will know I have long held the belief that Wenger is still with us for all the wrong reasons.

Every other Arsenal manager who has brought us success has been sacked after their standards declined (apart from those that died or took brown envelopes). Why should it be different for Wenger?

I tell you why! The club is comfy with Wenger knowing he isn't going to rock the boat. The new breed of fans are comfy in their new seats, in their shiny new stadium. The players are comfy with their large salaries awarded to them on the strength of fuck all.

Everybody is comfy!

Being comfortable encourages you to be content with what you have got and not to strive for more. All the time we can come fourth and people can turn up to wave a scarf or a give away flag whilst not caring to much about the atmosphere and instead worrying whether you can get the early bus home.

Everyone is comfy with Arsene and so we will hear the "give him one more year" bollocks trotted out again.

Like some of our players, a lot of supporters don't have the balls to see the end of an era came and went some time ago but were to content and comfy to recognise that.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Its a funny way of putting it Sid :lol: and i agree with you. It is time for a fresh breath throughout the club new ideas, new take on things. It wont happen though but it should

piresistible

Post by piresistible »

The heart vs the head. How many fans have have I heard say about this second leg “My heart says yes, my head says noâ€

JMascis666

Post by JMascis666 »

He said "Judge me at the end of the season" , well our season is effectively over, so lets get judging.

Percy Dalton

Post by Percy Dalton »

JMascis666 wrote:He said "Judge me at the end of the season" , well our season is effectively over, so lets get judging.
Fucking good point mate!

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

Im giving him till the end of august.
If he doesnt bring in "CLASS" players,he wont have my support

ambarron

Post by ambarron »

I think I agree with you MRGNU if we dont strengthen over the summer then I agree he will have lost my support to I think

Arshavin was a start now we need 2 or 3 more!!

men against boys over the 2 legs which may just prove to be the wake up call the club needed, here is hoping eh!!

n7gooner

Post by n7gooner »

Am I correct in saying that when we go to Old trafford man u could have the title wraped up? If so that means we will have to watch them lifting the title. Wenger should make every player stand and watch, Make every board member Stand and watch and make himself stand and watch. Then ask himself the question Do we want this? Because to me it looks like he does not care if we don't win the title as long as he brings young players into the first team and we finish in a CL position.

REB

Post by REB »

this is the most important summer for wenger coming up,
surely he knows where it all went wrong for him this past couple of seasons :roll:
my own opinion is wengers time is up and a new broom sweeps clean .

far to many big ego ed, overrated, prima donnas in our team at this moment in time :banghead:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Wenger still has my support, but a lot depends on what his plans for the summer are!

Sadly we'll only find that out on August 31st, or whenever the window closes BUT Gazidis, Kroenke and the board will already know what Wenger plans to do, and if he plans a repeat of last summers inactivity then he should be sacked.

However, being in the pro-Wenger cult :oops: :lol: , I do hope Wenger is planning to loosen the purse strings a little... ASSUMING the board allow him to!

I'm disillusioned at the moment, but Wenger has a contract until 2011 and it seems that Wenger and the board want to see it through... so, with that in mind, I'm more concerend about how we'll improve the team rather than getting Wenger out the club.

He's here to stay.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

n7gooner wrote:Am I correct in saying that when we go to Old trafford man u could have the title wraped up? If so that means we will have to watch them lifting the title. Wenger should make every player stand and watch, Make every board member Stand and watch and make himself stand and watch. Then ask himself the question Do we want this? Because to me it looks like he does not care if we don't win the title as long as he brings young players into the first team and we finish in a CL position.

I would make Wenger present the trophy to them :lol: :lol:
Last edited by donaldo on Wed May 06, 2009 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

skipper

Post by skipper »

n7gooner wrote:Am I correct in saying that when we go to Old trafford man u could have the title wraped up? If so that means we will have to watch them lifting the title. Wenger should make every player stand and watch, Make every board member Stand and watch and make himself stand and watch. Then ask himself the question Do we want this? Because to me it looks like he does not care if we don't win the title as long as he brings young players into the first team and we finish in a CL position.
And all that for only £1500 per season ticket :barscarf:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

donaldo wrote:

I would make Wenger present the trophy to them
Id make Adecashwhore the plinth they are presented the trophy on

woolwichgooner

Post by woolwichgooner »

What he does between now and next season is absolutely bloody critical, seriously, this is summer that will shape Arsenal's whole future.