To boo or not to boo - that is the question....

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Should we boo Adebayor??

Yes, he should know how we feel
53%
No - never boo any Arsenal player
47%

Total votes: 55

hanny73

To boo or not to boo - that is the question....

Post by hanny73 »

I've never been a great fan of booing players, however Adebayor has really taken the p*ss today with his comments - I just want to gauge opinion on booing.

I know this topic has been polled before but I just wonder if recent lacklustre performances has changed opinions??

Lethal

Post by Lethal »

yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes
yes

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

the worst thing to happen to Ade was that shit song about giving him the ball and he will score

since then he thinks he is TH14 - :banghead:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

No. Never ever boo an Arsenal player. When discussing them with fellow fans or on here call them a c*nt...and make no mistake Ade you are a Grade A fucking CU*T but when they're wearing the shirt please give them the respect of your support or at the very least stay silent if you feel the player is taking the complete piss.

MickeyFabs

Post by MickeyFabs »

I've always thought that you shouldn't boo your own players, but after what happened with Eboue, Wenger decided to start playing him at RB again. So booing him had some effect!!

SillySteward

Post by SillySteward »

MickeyFabs wrote:I've always thought that you shouldn't boo your own players, but after what happened with Eboue, Wenger decided to start playing him at RB again. So booing him had some effect!!
Not thought of that, but come to think of it, you're spot on there mate!

Deffo don't agree with singling a player out for abuse or booing, but I can see an argument for booing of the whole team after a game. As fans, it is the only way I can think of of letting the team / manager / board know that a performance is unacceptable

SCREAM AIM FIRE

Post by SCREAM AIM FIRE »

everyone should make posters for sunday saying "greedybeyor out"

Gooner Jim

Post by Gooner Jim »

I never have and probably never will boo a player. I can understand why people do but I choose not to.

aw

Post by aw »

No but he is a prize gusslop!

hanny73

Post by hanny73 »

46% No vs. 54% Yes, it's a close call so far...........

augie

Post by augie »

I would multiply x 100 what lethal has said 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would never boo any player no matter how shit they are playing (diaby's "performances" of late is testament to that :roll: ) but the way that greedy *word censored* treated the club last summer allied to the arrogance and lack of interest/effort he has shown ever since tells me that he def deserves it and I will boo him at the stoke game 8) To be honest I am really worried that failure to show greedybollix and the club the depth of our hatred for this *word censored* will result in him being here again next season where as I really feel that if he and the club know that we no longer want him at our club then a summer departure should be a cert 8)

digger

Post by digger »

Yes, fucking yes!

Will never boo a player who gives 100%, but Adebayor hasn't done that all season. Just don't think we should boo him on Sunday, save it for the "nothing" game vs Stoke.

Its Up 4 Grabs Now

Post by Its Up 4 Grabs Now »

digger wrote:Yes, fucking yes!

Will never boo a player who gives 100%, but Adebayor hasn't done that all season. Just don't think we should boo him on Sunday, save it for the "nothing" game vs Stoke.
Totally agree with that. Purely because whatever the rights or wrongs of the early leavers last night the press/media will be waiting to pounce on anything regarding our fans on Sunday. And instead of looking at the reasons behind the hatred & seeing our side they’ll just sensationalise it & the net result will just be our reputation of having shit fans being enhanced.

Don’t get me wrong I don’t think we should a flying fuck about that but it’s not exactly gonna make us an attractive proposition for possible transfer targets. We're hardly likely to be any top player's preferred destination as it is right now.

I wouldn’t blame anyone for giving him hell though, especially if he contributes his usual fuck-all.

djbriscoe

Post by djbriscoe »

i say no booing your own players is not a good thing should be getting behind the whole team cheering them on even if they are losing

just my opinion

:barscarf:

Glitch33

Post by Glitch33 »

Let's hope Ade, Song, Bendtner and co read this forum. Otherwise they will continue to think they are gods.

If Ade read the comments maybe he wouldn't say he is going to stay because he owes us.

Maybe £80k a week for doing fuck all is too good to turn down and maybe no one want the lazy fucker. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!