Blackburn - Arsenal opinions

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
tomkingsbury

Blackburn - Arsenal opinions

Post by tomkingsbury »

So 1-1, fair result?
To be honest i thought there were many positives to be taken from the game. We controlled the first half and should have been two-up, and i thought generally we looked good - even senderos played well. Second half i thought we didnt do too badly and were unlucky not to win - i felt blackburn didnt work us enough.
Secondly, i think we certainly stood up to them. We have been criticised for lacking a physical side, but today we bossed them and showed we were no pushovers. I think Wenger's working on a new tactic of time wasting/feigning injuries when they get stuck inoto us, which disrupted their play, and certainly got blackburn pissed off - oh yeah if anyone didnt think savage was a *word censored*, watch this game - fucking cock.
I may be jumping to conclusions but the more i c sagna play, the more i like him - he looks as if he's been playing there for a couple of seasons and i know a few have said we didnt buy any superstars in the summer, but this young lad has potential. Theo is improving too, looked alot more lively and comfortable, just a lack of experience now cos he should have gone for goal instead of trying to square it.
Negatives: we didnt look as forthcoming in the 2nd half, and i do hate it when wenger goes defensive with substitutions, especially when ur leading 1-0 cos u are literally inviting pressure. Denilson did relatively little when he came on, not sure exactly where he was playing but he added little so why bring him on. I knw the lads a wonderkid but what he rarely got stuck in. Gallas - shame he went off, hopefully he aint too badly injured cos we're light on numbers. Finally, Lehmann; dont want to diss him too much but he cost us the game - he has saved us in the past but is it time we had a new goalkeeper? Fabianski prob needs some adjusting, and it maybe too soon to throw him in and im unsure of almunia - i wonder if we can get seaman or lukic out of retirement!!