Anyone gone to a game...

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
ShorditchGunner

Anyone gone to a game...

Post by ShorditchGunner »

...own their own?

Obviously it's better if you go with a couple mates but since buying tickets for 3 consecutive seats is nigh on impossible, I was wondering if going alone is the norm at the emirates?

I've only been to the grove a couple times and it has always been with atleast 2 friends. I'm contemplating going on my own since there's lots of single tickets out there.

JMascis666

Post by JMascis666 »

All the time mate, I have no friends !

I am the only one of my mates who supports Arsenal and due to no children etc actually has some disposable income, so I have had a season ticket on my own for a number of years.

IrishGunner

Post by IrishGunner »

I've gone on my own a couple of times, most of the time I go with my dad and bro, but work, illness, women get in the way. It's a bit weird in the pubs at first, but after a few drinks I'll chat shit to anyone in sight, and once your in the stadium, you just shout and chant ( or just sit silently ;) )as normal with the rest of the fans :barscarf:

hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

I love going on my own, I enjoy going with my mates too but I like think the fan that goes alone shows his true affinity to the club in doing so.
Last edited by hugh jardon on Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RaM

Post by RaM »

I've been on my own twice. So...every time I've been, I've been alone. :lol:

mrgnu1958

Post by mrgnu1958 »

Im BILLY NO MATES...and i actually love the freedom of talking to myself :oops:

ShorditchGunner

hugh jardon wrote:I love going on my own, I enjoy going with my mates too but I like think the fan that goes alone shows his true affinity to the club in doing so.
You put £100 on Man City 0-3 Arsenal? :lol: That's brave

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

ShorditchGunner wrote:
hugh jardon wrote:I love going on my own, I enjoy going with my mates too but I like think the fan that goes alone shows his true affinity to the club in doing so.
you mispelt Shoreditch in your username :lol: :wink: 8)

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Used to be 4 of us but one by one my mates got fed up/ couldn't afford it and gave their ST up' so I have been going on my own for a few years now

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Used to go on my own a lot, my Arsenal supporting mates didn't have season tickets back in my pomp, but at Highbury it was easier to get to know the people sitting around you as they were usually the same crowd of season ticket holders.

On away trips, if you go by club transport there used to be a good bond between supporters so didn't matter if you were on your todd as you were with a big bunch of likeminded gooners.

I never used to bother me as I was there to watch and support my team, regardless of who was standing / sitting next to me.

ShorditchGunner

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
ShorditchGunner wrote:
you mispelt Shoreditch in your username :lol: :wink: 8)
Yeah I realised just after I got the confirmation email. Thought about creating a new one but thats a hassle.

marcengels

Post by marcengels »

I would definitely recommend going to a game on your own - particularly the upcoming city game - in the lower tier - north bank.

:oops: :lol:
Last edited by marcengels on Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MegaGooner

Post by MegaGooner »

TBH I had a lady that left me stranded and I went to see this movie alone

In the theatre of about 300(?) we were about 7. Freaky :shock: 8)

Connolly55

Post by Connolly55 »

Ive been to games on my own quite a few times.

jaggygooner

Re: Anyone gone to a game...

Post by jaggygooner »

ShorditchGunner wrote:...own their own?

Obviously it's better if you go with a couple mates but since buying tickets for 3 consecutive seats is nigh on impossible, I was wondering if going alone is the norm at the emirates?

I've only been to the grove a couple times and it has always been with atleast 2 friends. I'm contemplating going on my own since there's lots of single tickets out there.

just go into the concource at half time and start singing the sami nasri song while throwing some beer around, you'll soon find you have 50 friends you never new you had or even wanted..... this works best at away games with late afternoon kickoffs for some reason