Eastmond...?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Irish Gooner

Eastmond...?

Post by Irish Gooner »

I don't understand what is going on with this player. I read this week, Millwall were very keen to have him on loan.

Yet it was firmly rejected by Wenger. Now seeing as the guy has made about 2 appearances throughout the season, (ala last season), what the hell is Wenger doing keeping him rotting in the reserves?

Now I know most don't rate him, I don't much either but alot more than I rate Denilson. Anyway besides the point, why is Wenger doing this, is he punishing the lad or something?

Poor man management.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

he's worse than Denilson - but he;s young and could get better.

no problem - he's nowhere near first team quality

Zippy

Re: Eastmond...?

Post by Zippy »

Irish Gooner wrote:I don't understand what is going on with this player. I read this week, Millwall were very keen to have him on loan.

Yet it was firmly rejected by Wenger. Now seeing as the guy has made about 2 appearances throughout the season, (ala last season), what the hell is Wenger doing keeping him rotting in the reserves?

Now I know most don't rate him, I don't much either but alot more than I rate Denilson. Anyway besides the point, why is Wenger doing this, is he punishing the lad or something?

Poor man management.
I rather suspect the fact that he's pretty much the only "defensive midfielder" at the club after Song has something to do with it.

Captain Fabregas

Post by Captain Fabregas »

Zippy wrote:
Irish Gooner wrote:I don't understand what is going on with this player. I read this week, Millwall were very keen to have him on loan.

Poor man management.
I rather suspect the fact that he's pretty much the only "defensive midfielder" at the club after Song has something to do with it.
This

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

Captain Fabregas wrote:
Zippy wrote:

Poor man management.
This
So why is Wenger talking up putting Diaby in the midfield should Song need to drop into the back four?

LDB
Location: Having a cup of tea and waiting for all this to blow over

Post by LDB »

Number 5 wrote:
Captain Fabregas wrote:
Zippy wrote:

Poor man management.
This
So why is Wenger talking up putting Diaby in the midfield should Song need to drop into the back four?
Cos hes a senile old fool.

There is some validity in what zippy says though; wenger does tend to turn to Eastmond when there is no other option. God knows why, i personally rate coquelin over him but there you go.

Number 5

Post by Number 5 »

LDB wrote:
Number 5 wrote:
Captain Fabregas wrote:
Zippy wrote:

Poor man management.
This
Cos hes a senile old fool.

There is some validity in what zippy says though; wenger does tend to turn to Eastmond when there is no other option. God knows why, i personally rate coquelin over him but there you go.
Perhaps.

But I count Diaby and Denilson who would be picked ahead of Eastmond to go alongside Wilshere at any given point.

Best to let him go play elsewhere for a spell I say.

Arsenal 1991

Post by Arsenal 1991 »

Zippy wrote:

Poor man management.
Arsene should get the checkbook out. :lol:

This guy is the English denilson and will haven future at this club like denilson once frimpong and Ramsey are fit

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

As number 5 has said, Eastmond is not the only DM at the club bar Song.

Well he maybe, but not in Wengers mind. Wenger plays and will play Diaby,Denilson and Wilshere there before he even thinks of Eastmond.

So thats put to bed, I would like someone to explain to me why Wenger is rejecting loans and letting him rot in the reserves.

MM99

Post by MM99 »

Irish Gooner wrote:As number 5 has said, Eastmond is not the only DM at the club bar Song.

Well he maybe, but not in Wengers mind. Wenger plays and will play Diaby,Denilson and Wilshere there before he even thinks of Eastmond.

So thats put to bed, I would like someone to explain to me why Wenger is rejecting loans and letting him rot in the reserves.
Because he wants Arsenal to develop Eastmond rather than another club?

Because Eastmond doesn't want to go out on loan?

Because they may have other plans for Eastmond which a loan move would't be right at this moment in time?

It could be anything. Doesn't mean that Wenger wants him to "rot in the reserves"....

worthing_gooner

Post by worthing_gooner »

Eastmond is rubbish. He was rubbish at right back in the reserves and he's rubbish in the midfield for the first team. He also sounds like he's the sort of lad who gets into a bit of bother off the pitch every now and then.

We'll definitley ship him out sooner or later, especially when Frimpong comes back to full fitness - I think had he not got that injury he could have played a really big part this season.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

MM99 wrote:
Irish Gooner wrote:As number 5 has said, Eastmond is not the only DM at the club bar Song.

Because they may have other plans for Eastmond which a loan move would't be right at this moment in time?

It could be anything. Doesn't mean that Wenger wants him to "rot in the reserves"....
Eh what?

I've said your first three points if your bothered to read it.
The point is, why doesnt he want Eastmond going on loan?

Develop him at Arsenal? Eh good one, how can he develop if he's rotting in reserves for two years....
:oops:

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

worthing_gooner wrote:Eastmond is rubbish. He was rubbish at right back in the reserves and he's rubbish in the midfield for the first team. He also sounds like he's the sort of lad who gets into a bit of bother off the pitch every now and then.
Just like Jack Wilshere, Adams etc>?

In fact alot less. He's no more rubbish than Denilson.

MM99

Post by MM99 »

Irish Gooner wrote:
MM99 wrote:

Eh what?

Develop him at Arsenal? Eh good one, how can he develop if he's rotting in reserves for two years....
Oh, I'm sorry, i wasn't aware that players can't develop unless they are in the first team! I guess all those youth academies out there are doing nothing for the players because they're not developing are they?

Just because he hasn't gone out on loan or got a run in the first teams it doesn't mean that the coaches aren't working on him in training to get him ready for a break for the first team.

Irish Gooner

Post by Irish Gooner »

MM99 wrote:
Irish Gooner wrote:
MM99 wrote:

Eh what?

Oh, I'm sorry, i wasn't aware that players can't develop unless they are in the first team! I guess all those youth academies out there are doing nothing for the players because they're not developing are they?

Just because he hasn't gone out on loan or got a run in the first teams it doesn't mean that the coaches aren't working on him in training to get him ready for a break for the first team.
Reserve football is no place for proper development anymore, seeing as there is no proper calender of football and all the rest have been sent on loan.

2 years and yet he is still rejecting loans, I dont understand how anyone can think him sitting in reserves barely playing for another 6 months, is better than Championship football.