28/1 to win Champions League

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Red Member

28/1 to win Champions League

Post by Red Member »

that looks a good bet, especially when you consider Man City are 14/1 and are unlikely to get out of their group.

by spring next year we should have Wilshere back and fresh, oxlade-chamberlain working to hard so he can get in the England squad for the Euros and Vermaelen taking charge of the defence.

2012 could be similar to 2006 where we were stuggling to get in the top 4 but went on a crazy Champions League run.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

:moderator: WIND UP WANKER ALERT :moderator:

Can we lock this shit mods? Its clearly a wind up thread :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

:lol:

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

this is not an attempt at a wind up.
If I had said at the beginning of 2006 would Arsenal reach the Champions League final you would have called me a WUM then too.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Red Member wrote:this is not an attempt at a wind up.
If I had said at the beginning of 2006 would Arsenal reach the Champions League final you would have called me a WUM then too.
Why? we had won the league and FA Cup in the previous 2 seasons and had a team full of stars :roll: :banghead: :x

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

on 25th February 2006 we lost to Blackburn (bit ironic :wink: ) and had 41 points from 28 matches. There is no way anyone could have thought we would reach the Champions League final.

I think we will be close to that points total again by next February and in a similar position to kick on and go for the Champions League

jamjc64

Post by jamjc64 »

Before wer waste any money, maybe its best to see if we get out of the group first.......... Seriously

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Red Member wrote:on 25th February 2006 we lost to Blackburn (bit ironic :wink: ) and had 41 points from 28 matches. There is no way anyone could have thought we would reach the Champions League final.

I think we will be close to that points total again by next February and in a similar position to kick on and go for the Champions League
but we had a team full of stars Bergkamp, Pires, Henry, Cesc, Cashley :x , Gilberto, Campbell, Ljungberg (i think) who on their day could beat anyone in the world. This team has nothing of the sort

I dont know why im getting into this please refer to my first post within this thread :roll:

but its your money please lose it on this bet

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

won't be 28/1 when they get out of the group though - more like 10/1

ok who on here thinks Manchester City have got a better chance of qualifying than Arsenal out of their group?

just a little reminder I think Arsenal have won something like 9 out of 10 of their last CL matches at the Emirates. Marseille and Dortmund will be terrified of coming here

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Wind up wanker alert

:finger:

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

28-1... :shock: :lol: :coffeespit: Should be more like 2,800-1

Wanker... :awnker: :awnker:

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

I will bump this thread in February then :D

TheCook

Post by TheCook »

I have been to the bookies this morning, but not to bet on the Champions League.

William Hill offer 11/2 that AW will not be Arsenal manager on the first day of next season. £40 on that.

Strangley, it's a bet you can only place between 9am and 5.30pm, as they are clearly worried about some insider info.

skizz_b

Post by skizz_b »

Just lumped a ton on, easy moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :moderator:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

skizz_b wrote:Just lumped a ton on, easy moneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :moderator:

Ton of what?......................bullshit :roll: :wink: :lol: