When should the banner be unfurled

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

When should the banner be revealed

Sundeland game
74%
Chavs away
21%
Future home game
5%

Total votes: 61

goonersid

When should the banner be unfurled

Post by goonersid »

Seems to be doubt creeping into the lad's minds as to when to unfurl the "Wenger Out" banner.
So I thought a poll might help them decide.
don't really give a fuck i just wanted to do a poll :wink:

augie

Post by augie »

The banner should be unfurled whenever swl has the support of people alongside him to do so and it is important that he is not isolated in this situation. Personally I dont see much happening when it goes on display anyway cos the akb have made it clear that they will be fighting fire with fire by displaying their own banners (am sure they will have more than 1 or 2).

Normally I would delay the unfurling until the next away game which is sadly against the chavs but seeing as our hand has been shown (too early imo) by the media coverage then not displaying it at the weekend may seem like a backdown especially if ladyarse and her breed of *word censored* display their banners :roll: I think it might be an idea to get some legal advice beforehand anyway cos we all know that the stewards (on orders from the club) will display total bias and will remove your banner whilst allowing the akb banners to remain and if swl's banner meets the legal and fire safety requirements then I would like clarity on their rights to confiscate the banner. I actually believe that confiscating swl's banner whilst leaving the other banners on display might actually help our cause (as long as swl or anybody else isnt punished individually) because the mileage we would get through the media over the clubs behaviour would be huge and could, in my opinion, galvanise the wenger out fans to fight the club gestapo 8)

safcftm

Re: When should the banner be unfurled

Post by safcftm »

goonersid wrote:Seems to be doubt creeping into the lad's minds as to when to unfurl the "Wenger Out" banner.
Next time you do one, could you spell our name correctly? :evil: :evil: :evil: :wink:

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

I can't vote.
There isnt an option for NEVER

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

I started a Thread a couple of months ago called "Civil War". At that time quite a few Gooners said the term Civil War was over the top and I was wrong for thinking there would be any major friction between supporters.

Well - I stand by what I said as I think it's gonna get ugly when banners in favour of Wenger are displayed alongside banners telling him to go. Tensions are gonna be running high and I hate seeing this happening at our Club.

I hope SWL does get the banner into the ground and is able to display it safely. He deserves major credit for getting this sorted and I hope enough lads near him can support him. On the old terraces it would have been much easier cos we could have arranged a spot to stand and done our stuff.

We have to let Wenger and our useless Board (and the bloody AKBs!!) know that recent events on and off the pitch are nowhere near good enough. Maybe we can force change cos change is long overdue . . . . .

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

safcftm wrote:
goonersid wrote:Seems to be doubt creeping into the lad's minds as to when to unfurl the "Wenger Out" banner.
Next time you do one, could you spell our name correctly? :evil: :evil: :evil: :wink:
Was spelling it like you lot pronounce it :wink:

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

on the old terraces he would have got his bloody head kicked in

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:I started a Thread a couple of months ago called "Civil War". At that time quite a few Gooners said the term Civil War was over the top and I was wrong for thinking there would be any major friction between supporters.

Well - I stand by what I said as I think it's gonna get ugly when banners in favour of Wenger are displayed alongside banners telling him to go. Tensions are gonna be running high and I hate seeing this happening at our Club.

I hope SWL does get the banner into the ground and is able to display it safely. He deserves major credit for getting this sorted and I hope enough lads near him can support him. On the old terraces it would have been much easier cos we could have arranged a spot to stand and done our stuff.

We have to let Wenger and our useless Board (and the bloody AKBs!!) know that recent events on and off the pitch are nowhere near good enough. Maybe we can force change cos change is long overdue . . . . .
So did I, in Nov 2010.

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

goonersid wrote:
safcftm wrote:
Was spelling it like you lot pronounce it :wink:
:lol: that'll be "sunlun" then :wink:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

Sunderland! I'll be pissed if that ladyarse gets her banner out & pravda etc start wanking all over it. :evil: *word censored*!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Red Member wrote:on the old terraces he would have got his bloody head kicked in

FUCK OFF YOU C.U.N.T

:finger:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

rodders999 wrote:
Red Member wrote:on the old terraces he would have got his bloody head kicked in

FUCK OFF YOU C.U.N.T

:finger:
Ignore him, he is a fucking prick.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

on the old terraces you would have got your head kicked in, you JCL twat :lol:

I don't remember there being opposition to the people that wanted Terry Neil out, the protest started on the NB for fucks sake . It didn't matter how many quentins in the west stand choked on they're bovril at the thought of it, the vocal minority spoke out. :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

goonersid wrote: Ignore him, he is a fucking prick.
Why is he not banned?? :banghead:

Anyway, I voted Sunderland because it would be a travesty if the brain dead mugs with their "here's to another 15 years" bullshit banner was seen to be what the majority of Arsenal fans want.

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

well I have yet to hear any "Wenger out" chants at games

I always thought an Arsenal forum should reflect the views of supporters who go and watch the games