Has everyone forgotten?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SEBOUE

Has everyone forgotten?

Post by SEBOUE »

I know were in a bad place now but everyone seems to have forgotten without Wenger we would have nothing, we wouldn't have won the league at old trafford or the lane or gone underfeated. do you think any other manager would of taken a punt on cesc or henry NO WAY. Now look at them.

What has he got to work with. in a players mind what would you do. stay at arsenal or go to a club that offers you more money, your surrounded by big names and the fans sing your name all game and there is a quality atmosphere at all home games.

Im not saying he should stay but he doesn't deserve all this abuse.

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

:popcorn:

worthing gooner

Post by worthing gooner »

:popcorn:
I admire your spirit but do we sit down and say bugger all if we as fans dont like the way things are being handled??

SurreyGooner

Post by SurreyGooner »

Your right, I should pay thousands to go watch the Arsenal every year and not have a little opinion about the way our club is being run, nice one.

GoonerN5

Re: Has everyone forgotten?

Post by GoonerN5 »

SEBOUE wrote:I know were in a bad place now but everyone seems to have forgotten without Wenger we would have nothing, we wouldn't have won the league at old trafford or the lane or gone underfeated. do you think any other manager would of taken a punt on cesc or henry NO WAY. Now look at them.

What has he got to work with. in a players mind what would you do. stay at arsenal or go to a club that offers you more money, your surrounded by big names and the fans sing your name all game and there is a quality atmosphere at all home games.

Yes thats right, there would never have been an Arsenal if it wasnt for Wenger, no title win at Anfield, no littlewoods cup semi final win at the lane, the final against the mickeys, no red shirts with white sleeves, no highbury, were so lucky Wenger came along and founded our once great club

HashKads

Post by HashKads »

I have a message for you;

:finger::finger::finger:

armchair

Post by armchair »

This is a wind up.

Somebody find out who this really is...........?

SEBOUE

Post by SEBOUE »

your points are all fair enough but it must be hard for him to keep players when they have to play week in week out infront of a crowd that doesn't get behind them. I try and go as much as i can but im a student so its hard. ive been to 3 this year and i was there yesterday and even though we won it was a terrible atmosphere as it always is unless its the derby or were battering someone.

I don't mind paying extortionate amounts to see games but as long as its fun win or lose as long as we get behind the team and they try hard i don't care.

when i was younger and couldn't get or afford a ticket to arsenal i used to go qpr with my mates and win or lose they chanted the whole game. i have only ever experienced this once at barca away 2 years ago.

no one other then that section in the corner which i think is red action chant its a joke. :banghead:

armchair

Post by armchair »

Now I know its a wind up.
QPR?

SEBOUE

Post by SEBOUE »

armchair supporter wrote:Now I know its a wind up.
QPR?

pipe down not everyone has enough disposable income to go every arsenal game some people enjoy going to football.

clearly you don't

Gunnersaurus

Post by Gunnersaurus »

GoonerN5 wrote:
SEBOUE wrote:I know were in a bad place now but everyone seems to have forgotten without Wenger we would have nothing, we wouldn't have won the league at old trafford or the lane or gone underfeated. do you think any other manager would of taken a punt on cesc or henry NO WAY. Now look at them.

Yes thats right, there would never have been an Arsenal if it wasnt for Wenger, no title win at Anfield, no littlewoods cup semi final win at the lane, the final against the mickeys, no red shirts with white sleeves, no highbury, were so lucky Wenger came along and founded our once great club
The thread should now be locked, there is no comeback to this.

donaldo

Post by donaldo »

25 years before Wenger arrived we won the league at the Lane but muppets like you think there wasnt a football club in Highbury before 1996.

Do you know Wenger actually built the E******* with his bare hands :roll:

JMascis666

Post by JMascis666 »

Arsene has dined out for too long on past glories.

SEBOUE

Post by SEBOUE »

im not sayin Wenger is god or he should stay forever but i don't think he deserves the abuse hes getting from small minded people like you.

its obvious we need fresh bloood with new ideas.

and are you really comparing Graham to Wenger?

your on the wind up

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

Yes but he has at least won trophies

what has Redknapp won apart from the Mickey Mouse Cup?
when was the last time Liverpool won the league?
When is Moyes going to win something with Everton?
will Newcastle ever win anything?
would City have ever won anything without the arabs?
would Chelsea have won the league without Abramovich?

only Ferguson can say he has been a better manager than Wenger since the PL started