TH14 INTERVIEW ON SS1

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Old Oak Gooner

TH14 INTERVIEW ON SS1

Post by Old Oak Gooner »

Just one word- LEGEND! :banner:

burg hohenzollern

Re: TH14 INTERVIEW ON SS1

Post by burg hohenzollern »

Totally agree. He's supersonic.

Old Oak Gooner

Post by Old Oak Gooner »

Hello Donald. :barscarf: Indeed yes he is Supersonic. :wink:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Thought the interview was a bit disappointing actually, no real substance. Doesn't help that Ed Chamberlain is a pretty gormless bloke.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

"PL 100 Club: Henry" on Sky Sports 1. 30 minutes of his best PL goals, absolute magic. Pace, power, creativity, passion, grace - he had absolutely everything. Far better watch, I had forgotten some of the absolutely superb goals he scored in the first half of his career.

What we would all give for a striker with half his ability today.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

northbank123 wrote:"PL 100 Club: Henry" on Sky Sports 1. 30 minutes of his best PL goals, absolute magic. Pace, power, creativity, passion, grace - he had absolutely everything. Far better watch, I had forgotten some of the absolutely superb goals he scored in the first half of his career.

What we would all give for a striker with half his ability today.
Nothing NB, he'd cost far too much for Monsieur Prudence these days.

cardinal2011

Post by cardinal2011 »

I have just spent the last 90 minutes watching the Henry episode of Arsenal Legends on iTunes. Fu*king fantastic. The memories were amazing and listening to him talk about the Spuds was great (his hate for them is 100% genuine!). Well worth a watch.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

As much as I was upset, dissapointed and angry with THBW14 (and still am to this day) for bottling the 2 sitters in the CL final, and for selling out and becoming a barca whore - I still absolutely love the man as a Gunner and a Gooner! Now when I look back at clips of him (and Bobby and DB and PV4 etc) it still amazes me that Boring Old Arsenal had players of that calibre, that I got to see them play so often in the flesh, the quality of the football we played, and that we made history with them. For this reason (and others) I cannot ever bring myself to hate Arsene, as much as I want him to leave The Arsenal, I just cannot hate him.

:barscarf: 8)

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I cannot ever bring myself to hate Arsene, as much as I want him to leave The Arsenal, I just cannot hate him.
Now I'm the opposite! :D Because we had Titi, Bobby, Paddy et all, I think it's criminal Wonga then filled the squad with the Denilsons, Bendtners, Eboue's and Diaby's of this world. We also have someone who never learns a lesson, thinks he knows everything and who lies regularly. I really dislike the man for it, immensely......possibly even hate!!

Wenger out!!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
I cannot ever bring myself to hate Arsene, as much as I want him to leave The Arsenal, I just cannot hate him.
Now I'm the opposite! :D Because we had Titi, Bobby, Paddy et all, I think it's criminal Wonga then filled the squad with the Denilsons, Bendtners, Eboue's and Diaby's of this world. We also have someone who never learns a lesson, thinks he knows everything and who lies regularly. I really dislike the man for it, immensely......possibly even hate!!

Wenger out!!!
hmmm... :rubchin: I take your point, and I want him gone for all those reasons, but I can't hate him for his human failings, for the mistakes he made. Just want him gone.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

I know this is fast becoming a repeat of another thread but I am still torn on this issue.
I would like him to stay but revert to the man that put together that team from 98-2005.
If he continues with his form over the last few years then I agree that I would like him to move on.

Like DB10 though, I can never hate the man. He took our club to the next level in those early days and layed the foundations of the infrastructure that we see today. The stadium, the training ground etc. Without him we would currently be a mid table outfit playing in a 100 year old stadium.

augie

Post by augie »

SPUDMASHER wrote:I know this is fast becoming a repeat of another thread but I am still torn on this issue.
I would like him to stay but revert to the man that put together that team from 98-2005.
If he continues with his form over the last few years then I agree that I would like him to move on.

Like DB10 though, I can never hate the man. He took our club to the next level in those early days and layed the foundations of the infrastructure that we see today. The stadium, the training ground etc. Without him we would currently be a mid table outfit playing in a 100 year old stadium.

Why would we be ? The team he took over had without doubt gone stale but it was also a very experienced and successful side that was only a few steps away from winning trophies again. Lets be honest here and admit that wenkers early success was built upon those he inherited and that only PV4, overmars and petit can claim to have been fundamental in the 98 double season - I agree that players like anelka, manninger etc also contributed but they were mostly back ups to the first choice 11

father_ted

Post by father_ted »

You wanted Moyes. Look at what he has done with the Champions. When are you going to realise every opinion you have about football is wrong and you must be watching it with your eyes shut?

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

father_ted wrote:You wanted Moyes. Look at what he has done with the Champions. When are you going to realise every opinion you have about football is wrong and you must be watching it with your eyes shut?
Jesus you are one boring bloke

father_ted

Post by father_ted »

Oh and Augie is a barrel of laughs then is he?