Boxing day games

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
p206ab

Boxing day games

Post by p206ab »

United won 3-2. Trailing by two and in the end own goal from Hull saved them... almost losing at Hull, what a laugh they've become.

augie

Re: Boxing day games

Post by augie »

as things stand they are currently 5pts behind us (although we will probably win today) so it is hardly laughable

p206ab

Post by p206ab »

Chavs 1 -0 Swansea

Midz

Post by Midz »

The Newcastle v Stoke match looks like fun to watch

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

Linesman at it again at Shitty :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

My fantasy football team are having a 'mare today - put lukaku as capt as they had mackems at home and that backfired, put dzeco in cos aguero injured and he still only a sub, ramsey got injured :roll:

kite

Post by kite »

Disgusting really. It was SO obvious he wasn't offside I can't belive he made the call.

And of course Suarez is my captain and would've gotten the assist :x

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

Dippers 1 up

kite

Post by kite »

Tearing them apart at the moment but I wonder if they keep it up.

p206ab

Post by p206ab »

Come on Shitty, you can make this a draw.
I don't know who I would rather see win this one. Nobody of course, but if someone has to... on one side I would like Shitty to win because we would be alone at the top, but on the other I rather see Scousers win and leave Shitty trailing, because we beat Scousers and we can do it again, while being close to Shitty means trouble.

Still a draw would make my day :barscarf:

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

I never understood the pundits writing Liverpool off as title contenders. Worryingly, bar the odd blip eg Hull away, they seem to be pretty consistent & are winning games comfortably both home & away - more so than City & Chelsea who are grinding out a lot of lucky results by 1 goal margins.

I think they have to be right up there unfortunately. It's a shame because I fucking hate them, probably only second to the scum from N17. I'd hate Liverpool to win the league.

EDIT: 1-1. That'll do, keep that scoreline please.
Last edited by Dan_85 on Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

1-1 Kompany

augie

Post by augie »

Dan_85 wrote:I never understood the pundits writing Liverpool off as title contenders. Worryingly, bar the odd blip eg Hull away, they seem to be pretty consistent & are winning games comfortably both home & away - more so than City & Chelsea who are grinding out a lot of lucky results by 1 goal margins.

I think they have to be right up there unfortunately. It's a shame because I fucking hate them, probably only second to the scum from N17. I'd hate Liverpool to win the league.

They haven't a snowballs chance in hell of winning the league - they have the most average centre midfield options of all the top teams, they are poor at centre back and as soon as referee's grow some cajones they will have penalties against them every week as skertal continually rapes opposition players when defending set pieces. Take the cannibal out of that team then they are no better than average and that day is coming - he is a brilliant player when everything is going well but as soon as the shit starts hitting the fan (and it will) we will see the return of the nasty petulant prix that we know so well

Dan_85

Post by Dan_85 »

augie wrote:
Dan_85 wrote:I never understood the pundits writing Liverpool off as title contenders. Worryingly, bar the odd blip eg Hull away, they seem to be pretty consistent & are winning games comfortably both home & away - more so than City & Chelsea who are grinding out a lot of lucky results by 1 goal margins.

They haven't a snowballs chance in hell of winning the league - they have the most average centre midfield options of all the top teams, they are poor at centre back and as soon as referee's grow some cajones they will have penalties against them every week as skertal continually rapes opposition players when defending set pieces. Take the cannibal out of that team then they are no better than average and that day is coming - he is a brilliant player when everything is going well but as soon as the shit starts hitting the fan (and it will) we will see the return of the nasty petulant prix that we know so well
I hope you're right 8) I used to live with three Liverpool fans, they are the most loathsome *word censored* ever lol

augie

Post by augie »

Dan_85 wrote:
augie wrote:

I hope you're right 8) I used to live with three Liverpool fans, they are the most loathsome *word censored* ever lol

A scouse fan that I play over 35s with, said to me the other day that he is getting more interested in the footie this season but purely because of his kid - lying b*stard cos we all know that if they were struggling again this season, he wouldn't have had time to watch the footie :roll: