Southampton Away

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Henry Norris 1913

Southampton Away

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

1-0 to the Arsenal :barscarf:

clockender1

Re: Southampton Away

Post by clockender1 »

2-0. Saints have some injury issues and Osvaldo is suspended.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Soton have been poor recently

1-1 8)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

1-1, followed by a scraped 2-1 against Palace.....then the real fun begins !

Leyton Gooner

Post by Leyton Gooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:1-1, followed by a scraped 2-1 against Palace.....then the real fun begins !
I thought we were going to win every game until Victims :?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:1-1, followed by a scraped 2-1 against Palace.....then the real fun begins !
Undefeated, and that includes the Victims where we will also draw before Bayern and the worst United team in over 20 years start the great collapse

Leyton Gooner

Post by Leyton Gooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Leyton Gooner wrote:
Undefeated, and that includes the Victims where we will also draw before Bayern and the worst United team in over 20 years start the great collapse
Ah OK I've got it. Tissues at the ready for the undefeated sequence (apart from the inevitable surrender if we play anyone half decent in the fifth round of the Only Cup we can Win) :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Leyton Gooner wrote:
Ah OK I've got it. Tissues at the ready for the undefeated sequence (apart from the inevitable surrender if we play anyone half decent in the fifth round of the Only Cup we can Win) :barscarf:
Yep, make sure there are tissues galore when the players "show exceptional character and resilience" when we go unbeaten from 12 April to the end of the season against West Ham, Hull, Newcastle, West Brom and Norwich. This year it might just be enough to win the 3rd place trophy which is even more reason not to sign anyone in the Summer as we won't need to qualify for the Be All and End All via a qualifying round

Get the Andrex triple ply on standby

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Hmmm i wonder how this will go :rubchin: They are shite...we are shite....game will be a pile of shite :barscarf:

Blood_Gooner

Post by Blood_Gooner »

We are in fine form, on a consistent winning run, scoring a respectable amount of goals and keeping an enviable amount of clean sheets.

Soton are in total shambles at present and look nothing like the team that had a fantastic start to the season.

Rocked with injuries and seem a club in crisis, we should pick them off rather easily.

We have Wenger, though, so Soton clear favourites, IMO.

topcat

Post by topcat »

clockender1 wrote:2-0. Saints have some injury issues and Osvaldo is suspended.
Osvaldo being injured isn't a loss for Southampton in my opinion. He's scored one amazing goal and been useless most of the time.

hut160

Post by hut160 »

Should win this-
Saints have a lot of injuries to key players Lovren in particular, and they do not have that depth in quality in central defense.
Wanyama has apparently trained with the 1st team squad and may be back for them , see if he plays this PM.

Just hope its a better game than last year - where we really didn't make many chances and Theo scored a bit of a flukey equaliser

I am going for 2-0 to the Arsenal, goals to be scored in the final 20 minutes in front of the away crowd. Cant wait
COYG

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

If we start strongly and get an early-ish goal we'll win this comfortably. They've been playing shit for months and the key is not to let them settle into the game.

Lee1

Post by Lee1 »

falkirk goon wrote:Hmmm i wonder how this will go :rubchin: They are shite...we are shite....game will be a pile of shite :barscarf:
Funny for the first time,boring now...just like SteveO. We are what we are, just give it a rest please

Steve_I

Post by Steve_I »

Lee1 wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:Hmmm i wonder how this will go :rubchin: They are shite...we are shite....game will be a pile of shite :barscarf:
Funny for the first time,boring now...just like SteveO. We are what we are, just give it a rest please

Have to disagree. As much as I might think some of the logic on here is flawed and misplaced most, if not all, of the time it would clearly be a huge error to stop falkirk saying the we are shite ... etc bit... it is obviously over and above and realm of genuine belief and firmly in the world of necessity that he continue to say this in every game thread.

He's not, I believe, doing it for laughs but because it works! that is clear! Keep it up falkirk i say