SUNDERLAND AWAY THREAD

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
REB

SUNDERLAND AWAY THREAD

Post by REB »

big sam and his merry men await :barscarf:

xisstential

Re: SUNDERLAND AWAY THREAD

Post by xisstential »

REB wrote:big sam and his merry men await :barscarf:
This is going to be a different animal, a team that has something to play for, fighting for their lives in fact. 1-1.

Happy with the performance, leeetle jaded after Thursdays big effort only 3 days ago, need to focus on our next game, important that we don't drop any more points.......zzzzzzzzzzz

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

xisstential wrote:
This is going to be a different animal, a team that has something to play for, fighting for their lives in fact. 1-1.

Happy with the performance, leeetle jaded after Thursdays big effort only 3 days ago, need to focus on our next game, important that we don't drop any more points.......zzzzzzzzzzz
I think 2 home wins v Norwich and Villa will secure 4th place and so this match is irrelevant.
if we lose he can say we were a leetle bit jaded after the tough match v WBA :roll:

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Gunner Rob wrote:
xisstential wrote:

I think 2 home wins v Norwich and Villa will secure 4th place and so this match is irrelevant.
if we lose he can say we were a leetle bit jaded after the tough match v WBA :roll:
Big Sam knows just how to set his teams up to play us. Remember how Bolton always fancied there chances against us?
They need the points desperately and will show a lot more fight than a West Brom team already on holiday.
2-1 Mackems

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

For any team with top four aspirations this should be a walk in the park. Their squad is full of mediocre players, none of whom would get within a mile of our team.

However, it will no doubt be a scrap; leetle bit jaded blah blah started slowly blah blah showed good character to equalise blah blah.

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

GranadaJoe wrote:For any team with top four aspirations this should be a walk in the park. Their squad is full of mediocre players, none of whom would get within a mile of our team.

However, it will no doubt be a scrap; leetle bit jaded blah blah started slowly blah blah showed good character to equalise blah blah.
Kirchhoff would be canny for arsenal to be fair and you could do worse than Defoe on the bench but other than that I agree. Another tense game in prospect I'd imagine

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

safcftm wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:For any team with top four aspirations this should be a walk in the park. Their squad is full of mediocre players, none of whom would get within a mile of our team.

Kirchhoff would be canny for arsenal to be fair and you could do worse than Defoe on the bench but other than that I agree. Another tense game in prospect I'd imagine
I'd take Defoe over Giroud or Walcott at the moment, but that's another argument.

In terms of the match, if we win expect the long awaited contract renewal to be announced soon, expecting the result to be a scrappy 1-1 draw. :barscarf:

StanKroenke'sWig

Post by StanKroenke'sWig »

on paper this is a tough fixture, a Sunderland side that are desperate for results. But we have fuck all to play for so it's likely we'll win.

Robin_L

Post by Robin_L »

I think it's wins at home vs Norwich/Villa, definite loss at Man City and then a point here at most. 70 points and the 4PT secured. :barscarf:

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Thick Fat Cùnt 2:1 Out-Of-His-Depth Yesterday's Man.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Fat Sam must be thanking his lucky stars that he has got us when he needs a win to get out the bottom three. Three points to Sunderland and the mathematical end to our title hopes.
Wenger will hate this game. He will be remembering the times a fat sam team turned us over when we were going for the title back in the day. Cattermole, who impressed me at Norwich last week as he's stopped kicking and started playing, and Kirchoff will be too strong in the middle for either Elneny, Coquelin or Ramsey. If Wilshere play he'll give us some fight but he'll be on the bench at best.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I would like The Mackems to stay up - (and the toon go down) - But with that fatcunt in charge of them I want to see him fail (Sorry SAFCFTM !)..even so

I think we will win this ...Clueless truly doe shave the luck of Old Nick and will scrape to 3rd...and claimk we (Gooners) do not know what we are on about saying that he is only interested in 4th...Is there a Virtual trophy for 3rd!? :rubchin:

Sunderland 1 v Arsenal 3

I should be happy to think we are going to win - But I am not.

Wenger has a lot to answer for. :evil:

safcftm

Post by safcftm »

OneBardGooner wrote:I would like The Mackems to stay up - (and the toon go down) - But with that fatcunt in charge of them I want to see him fail (Sorry SAFCFTM !)..even so

I think we will win this ...Clueless truly doe shave the luck of Old Nick and will scrape to 3rd...and claimk we (Gooners) do not know what we are on about saying that he is only interested in 4th...Is there a Virtual trophy for 3rd!? :rubchin:

Sunderland 1 v Arsenal 3

I should be happy to think we are going to win - But I am not.

Wenger has a lot to answer for. :evil:
It does seem like groundhog day every season with arsenal and I can see where you're coming from with regards to beating us, assuming it happens it will seem fairly meaningless even if it helps you get third. It's good not to have to qualify for the CL but getting there and going out in the knockouts as the extend of the boards ambition must be frustrating as hell, hardly worth qualifying.

Wenger seems to have noticed that a lot are against him now mind so there might be change before long. Then again he's a stubborn bugger so he might hang around just to spite people! For me he's been a great manager but the club is obviously stagnating despite the papering over the cracks that was the two FA cup triumphs. His plan of hoping to win titles without spending big (comparatively) is all well and good but to be worth sticking with it he's got to be getting close and he simply isn't. Hes been saved this season by other big clubs having atrocious seasons, that might not happen again

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

safcftm wrote:

tbf I don't know much about Kirchoff, though Defoe for Giroud would be a shoe-in (or Defoe's mum, brother or girlfriend).

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The only remotely interesting thing about this game is the prospect of the banner that Armchair has been teasing us with and I hope to fuck it gets an airing because I can already detect the Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells brigade on the radio phone-ins saying how we're top 4 again, and how Arsenal fans have been spoiled by success

Finish above City in 3rd and I guarantee the flip floppers who used to play for us, and the supposed experts, will be banging on about our remarkable consistency today. John Cross used the words "be careful what you wish for" on Talkshite again this morning