Other Matches Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
BobbyPires7

Re: other matches this weekend

Post by BobbyPires7 »

The only result tonight which fucked us was a Villa win and it didn’t happen.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 9:17 pm
Palace will chew Villa up. That draw took a Partey style brain fart and a fluke. Villa were shit.

If Spurs win tomorrow they will get 4th.
The problem is man city will probably chew the spuds up

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Both Liverpool and Villa will implode next season and I’m so fucking looking forward to it :barscarf:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 9:26 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 9:17 pm
Palace will chew Villa up. That draw took a Partey style brain fart and a fluke. Villa were shit.

If Spurs win tomorrow they will get 4th.
The problem is man city will probably chew the spuds up
We know they will but tonight’s result has kept Spurs honest. Honestly shit admittedly. But honest. :lol:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 9:27 pm
Both Liverpool and Villa will implode next season and I’m so fucking looking forward to it :barscarf:
If Villa were closed down forever due to a financial insolvency I would invite you all round for a BBQ.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 7:19 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 7:14 pm
Don’t rely on the Scousers.
Their implosion this season has been far worse than anything we mustered up last season but you’d never know it because they’re immune from criticism :roll:
Especially with Stupid Teeth leaving and how the media have literally given him a BJ at every opportunity. I am wondering how long it will take for the same MediaCunts to start their 'love in' on the new Scouse manager.... In the same way they did for Ange Hippopoppadoppallus.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

There was a good discussion on here at the weekend about teams lying down for city barely trying a leg at giving them a game.

Incredible quotes from corpse Moyes about their game this weekend -
"It would be difficult stopping their Under 14's winning the title, I think!"

"I've said to the players we'll do everything to be professional - that's the word I would use.

"We'll try and do the best we can."
That’s fighting talk. Fucking hell pathetic. We’ll try and do the best we can. Loser.

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

“TO DARE IS TO DO” :barscarf:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Don't do it to yourselves.

It's done already.

People say the villa or the Fulham games is where we lost it. I can't help thinking it was the city game when Jesus constantly missed the opportunities given to him

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Well, the scousers did their bit in all fairness and although it's highly unlikely, we've just got to hope that the scum don't lose tonight. I'm sure that we all expect them to get comfortably beaten, but stranger things have happened. As good as City are, they're still human and they'll be feeling the pressure, especially knowing that the scum need a result. They won't be relishing having to go there. It's vital that the vermin don't concede in the first 30 mins, because if they do, then City will relax and the flood gates could open. The longer it goes at 0-0, the more tense City will become.

I've got no serious expectations, so will watch the game pretty relaxed, but if it's all square with 15 minutes left...or if the scum are miraculously ahead...then the tension will be unbearable and Rodders will be cunting everyone off again. :lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 9:53 am
Well, the scousers did their bit in all fairness and although it's highly unlikely, we've just got to hope that the scum don't lose tonight. I'm sure that we all expect them to get comfortably beaten, but stranger things have happened. As good as City are, they're still human and they'll be feeling the pressure, especially knowing that the scum need a result. They won't be relishing having to go there. It's vital that the vermin don't concede in the first 30 mins, because if they do, then City will relax and the flood gates could open. The longer it goes at 0-0, the more tense City will become.

I've got no serious expectations, so will watch the game pretty relaxed, but if it's all square with 15 minutes left...or if the scum are miraculously ahead...then the tension will be unbearable and Rodders will be cunting everyone off again. :lol: :wink:
Yeah agreed fully.

I have been going from "cheateh will pillage the scum 5 nil" to "hmmm weird things happen in football". :lol:

I can't cheer on the scum but I can hope and pray cheateh lose. As you say if its nil all at 15 minutes left I'll be struggling with the tension but also the urge to puke.

But honestly can anyone see anything other than cheateh wiping the floor with the scum?

Stranger things have happened though.... :lol: :wink:

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 7:05 am
There was a good discussion on here at the weekend about teams lying down for city barely trying a leg at giving them a game.

"I've said to the players we'll do everything to be professional - that's the word I would use.

That’s fighting talk. Fucking hell pathetic. We’ll try and do the best we can. Loser.
If I ran the Premier League I would start handing out points deductions to the likes of Fulham, West Ham, Wolves and any others that care to not try a leg vs City. That will keep them honest.

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

rodders999 wrote:

The translation of that is "We won't be trying at all." Moyes has always seemed to hate the Arsenal.

This mindset of not minding City cleaning up is very odd. Linighans there!! made an interesting point on this thread yesterday, saying that teams don't have to look at themselves if City win, because it's excused as "how can you compete with the Arab money?", whereas if we or Liverpool win the league, then the likes of Utd, the chavs and even the scum have to question themselves. This is part of it, but not the whole story, because from a personal point of view, I've been far less bothered by City winning leagues etc than I would have been if it was one of the others, but I didn't feel that way when the chavs were buying success under Abramovich.

augie

Post by augie »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 7:59 am
Don't do it to yourselves.

It's done already.

People say the villa or the Fulham games is where we lost it. I can't help thinking it was the city game when Jesus constantly missed the opportunities given to him

I dont even think I will watch it unless the scum are drawing or winning with 15 mins to go - I'm not expecting anything from the scum, but I know if I watch it and citeeh are pissing all over them then I will get into seriously foul mood and I'd rather avoid that.

Personally its the citeeh game that is pissing me off at the mo too - my belief is that if you want something badly enough then you need to go and take (not steal) it, but instead we chose to play not to lose instead of trying to put a dagger in citeeh's title hopes, and those 2pts would make the world of difference now

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 11:00 am
rodders999 wrote:

If I ran the Premier League I would start handing out points deductions to the likes of Fulham, West Ham, Wolves and any others that care to not try a leg vs City. That will keep them honest.
If by some miracle the bin lids get a draw tonight I would still make Cheaty massive favourites for the title :cry: