Has everyone forgotten?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gooner Gus

Post by Gooner Gus »

Red Member wrote:I dont know why the 2-8 defeat is such a big deal to people.
They could have won 10-0 but Utd would still only get 3 points for it.

I think bearing in mind we would have struggled to beat any side after the Udinese win because of fatigue, injuries, suspensions etc that we may well look back and think that this was the perfect time to have played Utd, as it would have been tough to get anything anyway.

Wenger even confirmed my view this week and said that in his opinion the Udinese game was the biggest game of the season. Last night backed that up. If we hadn't won that night then we would have gained none of the confidence that is now being found in the CL group stages matches.

I know to some of you this comes across as being a WUM I really do not intend this and I feel last night justified my opinion of a few weeks ago
regardless of when we played before the fixture, how fatigued we were, who the opponents were, home or away, big game or not 8-2 goes down in our history. sunday league score, just not acceptable, especially for us!

I seriously cant see how you can deem that result as "not a big deal"

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

So we are justifying an 8-2 ass raping we received in the hands United by quoting a dodgy victory against Marseille. Damn why wasnt the Olympiacos game played after the scum game. That way we could have justified the loss against scum by quoting the scrappy win against Olympiacos.I can see the "confidence" we have gained from the Udinese win taking us to the final of the CL. Fuck the 8-2.

Red Member

Post by Red Member »

I can see that the scoreline is disappointing.
However I just think we were lucky to be playing Utd that weekend.
Imagine if the Swansea and United games were swapped around.

would everyone have been happier with a 0-0 v them and a 1-3 defeat to Utd the following week?

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Red Member wrote:I can see that the scoreline is disappointing.

would everyone have been happier with a 0-0 v them and a 1-3 defeat to Utd the following week?
Disappointing? It was a disgrace mate

kiwomya

Post by kiwomya »

The 8-2 was a joke. No team in 2011 should be beaten like that in the Premier League - let alone a team with a history like ours. We were disgraceful. The less said the fucking better.

1 positive is that the game is gone now. We can give it another go but at the Emirates this time....

mikeyb772001
Location: Block 6! Drunk and standing next to a mad man with no clothes on!

Post by mikeyb772001 »

kiwomya wrote:

The 8-2 was a joke. No team in 2011 should be beaten like that in the Premier League - let alone a team with a history like ours. We were disgraceful. The less said the fucking better.

1 positive is that the game is gone now. We can give it another go but at the Emirates this time....
I dont think we have squad or manager with enough in them to even get a draw with the mancs. I dread the home game